Chapter 2

~DREAMS POV~

As I stare out across L'manburg, I can't help but think about how much it had changed over time. How much I had changed it.

I was literally standing over the massive hole smack dab in the middle of the land, that I had part of the blame for creating. 

As my gaze shifts upward, my eyes fall on the looming walls in the distance. I did that too. 

But it was all for the good of the SMP, right? Surely I was doing the right thing?

I can't go back on myself now. I just can't. 

But, involuntarily, my eyes land on the place that attracts my one true weakness. It is a huge mountain, with a beautiful waterfall cascading down the side. 

I had always longed to sit by the water. It has always given me some weird sense of hope. Like if that water can do almost anything, so could I. If that water could be so strong in the face of adversity, so could I. 

My mind drifts to thinking about George. I know how much he loves that area.

Dethroning him was the right idea. It had to be. 

I feel a stab of guilt as I reflect on the pain I saw in George's eyes when he realized I wanted to dethrone him. I didn't want to hurt him. He is, well... was, one of my best friends.

I had to keep him safe. I HAD to. If making him hate me was the way to do it, then so be it.

As I look to the stars, I slide my mask back. I say a silent prayer that I can be the strong person L'manburg needs to be. 

But now, my time for feelings is over. Feelings will just make me weak. I feel my face harden back into the frown that is beginning to feel like second nature, as I slide my mask back over my face. I know I am doing the right thing. 

So why does it feel so wrong? 

~Authors Note~

You made it to the end of Chapter 2!! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! If you have read up until this point, you honestly have made my day. I have always loved to write, and it feels so cool to be writing about something I am so passionate about. 

PLEASE feel free to click that little vote button at the top of your screen, and leave a comment telling me what you think so far! I would also love to hear your suggestions if you have any! I love you guys! :]