Chapter 3

George didn't know how long he had been sitting next to the waterfall.

Minutes, hours, days... he just didn't know.

His tears had stopped a little bit ago. He didn't think he could cry anymore. All he felt was that same numbness he had felt before. 

He didn't know if he would ever feel anything again.

His friends were very worried about him. They had never seen George this sad. This unable to do anything. Sapnap whispered inaudibly to Quackity, and began to start toward George, walking softly as to not alarm the boy in so much pain.

George realized there was someone standing next to him. He made no effort to acknowledge the presence, nor did he attempt to wipe the tears from his face. 

What was even the point of caring anymore?

Sapnap knew his friend very well. He knew that George would only speak if he wanted to, and the best thing he could do was be there for his friend. His heart absolutely broke for George. He knew how much his best friend meant to him, and with a heart heavier than an anvil, sat down next to George.

As he looked out on L'manburg and beyond. To anyone passing by, it would look so beautiful. It still looked beautiful to him, but he wasn't oblivious to all the hatred and pain that had been caused between those walls, darker than the night.

As he slowly looked at George, if his heart wasn't broken before, it certainly was now. His posture was rigid, spine so straight and stiff he knew he would be in a lot of pain the next morning. His mouth was set into a hard line, and the most startling of all was his eyes. 

Even in some of the worst moments, Sapnap could look into the eyes of his close friend and be comforted, because they always held a hint of the joy and passion he so often saw from him. 

No longer.

Void of all emotion except crippling sadness, they were lifted to the stars. He had a pleading look on his face, as if he was just asking to be forgiven.

With a heavy sigh, Sapnap scooted closer to George. He thought he would lean away, but he felt George inch a little closer to him. Closing the distance, Sapnap lightly put his arms around George. He felt the small boy go even more rigid, then eventually relax into him. Then, George started to sob again.

"I- I just don't understand Sapnap," George said desperately. "HOW COULD HE? How could he do this to me?" His voice broke as he wept mournfully. 

At that very moment, something snapped in Sapnap. He would not, could not, let Dream get away with this. But now was not the time for anger. Not when his best friend was blaming himself. 

No.

The anger would come later.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this far omg! I really have so much fun writing these chapters for you guys! If you want more then leave a comment and let me know!

Always feel free to leave comments with any sort of recommendations or constructive criticism for my story! I hope you enjoy what you've read so far! <3