Chapter 9

Apparition...

What the heck was that? 

"Wait, wait, wait... so you mean to tell me that I feel 100 feet through a hole in some roots to a place called... Apparition? Oh geez I must've hit my head or something," George says.

"Uhhh no George you didn't," Techno says. "We feared someone else would find this place at some point, we just didn't anticipate it happening this soon. We aren't ready..."

"Well that's great. Just perfect. I am having the most fabulous couple of weeks," George says sarcastically. "First I get dethroned by my best friend, second I discover that same best friend is with FUNDY of all people, third I get attacked by Fundy, and the ICING on the cake is getting thrown down a HOLE IN A BUNCH OF ROOTS. Nope... this day cannot get any worse can it?"

The two other boys are silent. They don't know quite what to say.

"You know George, you're quite lucky... at least you weren't killed like I was. I hate being a ghost. I can't interact the same way with everyone quite like I used to... and I have almost no memories. It's kind of the worst," Wilbur says sadly.

"Well, I feel like I'm dead. I'm not interacting with anyone at all. Dream hates me and- OUCH!" George yelps in pain as Techno sets his leg back into place. "Sapnap and Quackity have given up on me, which I understand why, and the rest of the SMP hated me as King anyway. I'm not sure anyone will even know that I'm gone." George said with a bit of a crack in his voice while Techno applies medicine and bandages to the places where Fundy cut him.

"I'm sorry George. That sounds really hard," Wilbur says. "But why do you think Dream hates you? I know he removed you from the throne, but it was to protect you. I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but Dream has confided in me quite a bit lately, and he... nevermind. Just know he doesn't hate you, I promise."

Geroge sighs, not sure he believes what Wilbur is saying.

"You know George, why don't we give you a tour around Apparition? I'm done fixing you up. I think you'll be quite... interested to see what kind of land we are running here," Techno changes the topic. "Follow me please."

With a sweep of his cape, Techno begins his swift, confident walk out of the room, and George has no choice to follow.

He thought his leg would hurt to walk on, but it was surprisingly painless.

George trots after Techno, with Wilbur bringing up the rear. 

They wind down dark hallways with flickering light bulbs, until they come to a metal door.

"Our first stop is the armory," Techno says. "You're gonna want sword at least... just... trust me on that one..." 

This worries George a little bit, but he doesn't think too much about it as he grabs a sword off the wall. He also grabs a backpack that he stuffs with arrows and a canister of water, as well as a bow that he straps to his back.

"Make sure you grab a mask and some goggles too, George. The dust and sand from the ground can blow all over the place at times, and it will get in your eyes and mouth if you aren't careful." Techno warns.

"Ok...." George responds with more and more worry as he grabs a worn dark blue fabric mask, and some goggles that are worn as well.

The goggles are miles worse than his own goggles, but Fundy ripped those off of him...

They exit the room and come to a stop in front of the gigantic vault door on what George assumes is the front of the base.

"You ready?" Techno asks as he pulls up his mask.

"As I'll ever be," George responds.