Chapter 8

As George feels himself falling, he knows he's a goner.

The wind rushes past his body as he falls.

He desperately reaches out for vines or anything he could catch himself on.

The last thing he remembers before blacking out is thinking about how this may be for the best anyway.

~

"Well, he fell ONE HUNDRED FEET Techno how could he be ok? He must be dead."

"Look I don't know how it's possible either, but he is still breathing as we speak. Look."

George could hear two people speaking as he came into consciousness.

Techno?

What was he doing wherever the heck George was?

And was the other voice... Wilbur?

He was supposed to have died a long time ago...

George can hear someone step closer to him, and feels a hand placed lightly to his pulse.

"You're right. I just can't believe it. How did he even get IN here? I thought we fixed all the breaches." Wilbur said with worry.

"Tommy must not be checking on the vines like you told him to. This wasn't supposed to happen. Why didn't you do better Wilbur? This was your job." Techno shouted.

"Well at least you are still alive!" Wilbur yelled back. "You are the only one out of the two of us! I can still talk to Tommy, but you are a living, breathing person who needs to have shown him what to do."

"Wilbur you need to accept the fact that you messed up. You've been trying to visit too many people since you've been turned into a ghost. You're spreading yourself too thin." Techno harshly asserted.

"Yeah, yeah I know," Wilbur said with a sigh. "I just miss knowing what it was like to be alive, you know? I can't be there with any of my friends anymore. Not like I used to."

"I know it's hard but-" Techno stops as he sees that George's breathing has switched to more shallow breaths. He must have been awake.

Techno walks over to George and pokes him in the arm with his sword. 

"George we know you're awake. Get up." Techno prods.

Knowing Techno has a sword, George slowly opens his eyes.

He was in a... base of some kind? The walls and ceiling are made up of stone bricks, and the floor is concrete.

There were no windows in this room, and it was quite cramped, barely fitting the cracked wooden chair that Wilbur is sitting on, and the cot George was lying on.

The cot had a bit of a stain, and seemed to be pretty worn and tattered.

George had a LOT of questions, but the most prominent one was: where was he?

Are you hurt?" Wilbur asks.

"I don't think I'm hurt, but I might be?" George tries to sit up, and immediately feels a spike of pain in his leg. "Oh ouch. Yeah, my left leg hurts a lot. Fundy also cut me up a lot with his claws"

Techno bends down to observe George's leg.

"Astounding... it's broken, but other than that and some claw marks, that's the only injury you sustained. How? There's no way you should even be alive..." 

"Just... would somebody tell me where I am, PLEASE?" George shouted angrily.

"You are in a bad place George. I'm not sure how you got here, or how we are going to get you out. You fell 100 feet down into... essentially hell." Wilbur said.

"Welcome to Apparition."