Chapter 16

XVI

11:41 Outside of the Tyson Events Center

Seelix and Alison had moved back to their hotel rooms and took position at their respective windows. They had the curtains closed almost all the way, to conceal the sniper rifles that they carried. Their muzzles were actually still inside the window, and their sights had a clear line to the arena parking lot. Both weapons had silencers on them, which would cut down the distance they could reach, but since these weapons were accurate to more than over six thousand feet, that wouldn't matter.

Seelix, Alison, and Sands had turned on their burner phones that were connected to the blue tooth devices. "OK, check in", Narcho said to the other two.

"Loud and clear, Boss", Seelix said quietly.

"Reading you five by five, Xander", echoed Sands.

Now, all they had to do was wait for quarry.

At the same time, Bond, Baltar, and Hoshi were emerging from the offices inside the Tyson Center. Sioux City Police was now swarming the building, as was the New Caprican Home Guard. Home Guard members saw them in the hallway, and after a brief conversation began to take them out of the building. Hoshi decided they would gather across the street in the Burger King parking lot, where a UED Humvee was currently parked. The Home Guard began hustling their new charges out of the building and toward the Humvee.

______________________________________________________

11:43 AM

Sands suddenly saw a bevy of Home Guard surrounding someone or someone's, he couldn't tell. "Guys, movement at my one O'clock. Whoever is in that gaggle are heading toward the Burger King parking lot, it seems."

"Tally ho, Sands", whispered Seelix, "I see them, looking to ID."

As the Home Guard was hustling Hoshi, Baltar, and Bond across the street, an old Raptor began settling into the restaurant Parking Lot. Hoshi looked up and could see Karl and Athena Agathon at the controls of the obsolete bird.

"Frack, no joy!", exclaimed Noel Allison "Raptor just blocked my line of sight", he said disgustedly.

"I still have a clear line", Diana whispered, "still no ID...wait a second", she turned her scope a fraction to her right. "Gods, Xander, it's Helo and Athena coming out of the Raptor!"

"Any ID from the Home Guard group?"

"Not yet...wait...holy shit, I have Bonds, Caprica and Hoshi in front of me!" Her eyes widened.

_______________________________________________________

Louis Hoshi was the senior officer present among the mixed bag of UED, Home Guard, and Sioux City Police. He asked for a map, which was given to him from inside the Hummer. He then glanced over at Caprica. "Admiral, you know this city better than I do, I think we need to put together a game plan for patrolling this area." Athena and Karl were just joining the group as the map was handed to Caprica.

______________________________________________________

"I've got Admiral Baltar in my sights", Seelix said with anticipation.

"Take the shot, Tera!", Alison ordered unnecessarily.

She fired her weapon.

__________________________________________________________

11:46 AM

Caprica was just starting to outline her plan when the map suddenly blew to her right. She reached over to grab it before the wind swept it away. At that moment, a bullet smashed through the windshield of the Hummer directly next to her and shattered it into hundreds of pieces. Everyone looked up, startled.