A Headless Horseman Walks Into A Boutique

Elliot woke up to his brothers gathering around him as he turned over, trying to fall back to sleep on the couch.

He knew exactly what his brothers (mainly Huey) were going to say to him. Huey was about to tap his brother's shoulder, but Mrs Beakley stopped him, placing a blanket over Elliot.

Elliot silently thanked Mrs Beakley.

Mrs Beakley: "Leave your brother to rest for a while, I will inform this to your uncle, so please leave him to rest"

Louie: "But Ottoman Empires is about to start, and I have planned out a 1-hour nap that I need to fill in for my daily snooze of the day"

Mrs Beakley glares at Louie as Dewey quickly starts to push him out of the room as Huey calmly follows after his brothers, staring back at his older brother, fast asleep.

30 minutes later

Elliot woke up to Scrooge staring worriedly at him as he groaned, stretching his arms before turning around to try to fall back to sleep.

But Scrooge wouldn't let him, pulling him upward as he tiredly glared at his uncle as Elliot put on his glasses.

Elliot: *Tiredly,* "Uncle Scrooge...let me fall back into the relaxing darkness"

Scrooge: "No you don't lad, Beakley informed me you pulled another late night shift"

Elliot: "Ugh....for the record, I had to stay at the boutique, Going over sales and records from the last week!"

Scrooge: "I know your business is important, but lad you need to take a break now and then!"

Elliot: "Do you take breaks daily?"

Scrooge hesitates as Elliot sits up, holding back a laugh as he soon stops, sensing his uncle's glare.

Scrooge: "I may run my company, but at least I have helping hands, which is what you need!"

Elliot sighs, shaking his head as Scrooge glares at him, not breaking eye contact as his nephew gives in.

Elliot: "Fine....I'll start looking for help!, Just....please stop glaring at me!!"

Scrooge chuckles as he leaves the room, leaving Elliot to lean back on the couch, sighing over what he is about to do.

Later That Night

On a stormy night, Elliot sighed as he prepared his 'HELP WANTED!!' poster for his shop. He wondered if he should've used more glitter for the sign.

Elliot hesitated placing it on the window but following his uncle's advice, placed it and started to head towards the back of the shop.

Until

A silhouetted figure stormed into the boutique as a flash of lightning appeared behind them.....revealing to be the Headless Horseman from Scrooge's garage.

Elliot jumped slightly before the horse threw the sign towards him, pointing to it repeatedly as he approached the desk.

Elliot: "You...want the job?"