Chapter 04. Unsaid Emily

We're all sitting in the studio and Luke isn't here he said he was going out for a walk to calm down a bit after what happened between us but I think he's just avoiding me, Alex speaks up after 45 minutes of silence "Julie I think you should go see his family" I look up at him "Alex I have no right to do that" he sighs and looks at me "Jules he likes you like-" Reggie cuts him off "think of it as me and Flynn I thought I had no right into her beautiful life but look at us now" Alex and I look at each other then back at Reggie confused "yeah okay anyways Julie the point is just go talk to his family he has a hard time just like you but a little different you guys shouldn't be so harsh with each other" I sigh and stand up "Luke wouldn't want me to do that" I say about to walk off "but he would want you to understand he understands Julie just go" I sigh and give it some thought and tell them I'm going.

I walk away about to go to Luke's family's house but Alex poofs outside "wait" i jumped a little "Sorry but here's this" he hands me a piece of paper "it's about his mom" I nod and take the piece of paper and walk to his parents house and I was about to ring the door bell but Luke poofs beside me "julie?" He said confused "I know this looks bad luke but the guys told me you understand and I don't know I want us to get along instead of all the intense between us I don't want that" I said looking at him and he walks over and presses the doorbell and I look at him then back at the door opening.

A man opens the door I'm guessing it's Luke's dad "hi can I help you?" I look at him "yes I'm friends- was friends with your son named luke?" I said stuttering over my words. "Yes uhm come in" he said opening the door wide enough for me to walk in and I was about to close the door "Luke" I said whispering and he walks in and I close the door behind him and walk over to Luke's dad. "I'm Mitch" he said holding his hand out "I'm Julie, Julie Molina" i said grabbing his hand and shaking it. "Honey" he said letting go of my hand and yelling out to his wife and she walks over. "Who's at the door?" She sees me. "Oh hi sweetie how can we help you?" She asked me. "She was friends with Luke" I start getting teary eyed "uhm" I clear my throat and Luke looks over at me hiding in case his family can see him. "I play in the same place him and his band played I know he was only 17 but he did he found something he loved not many people find that" I said tears rolling down my face.

"I found a song it's about a girl named Emily?" I asked wondering who Emily is "I'm Emily" his mom said grabbing the piece of paper, "well I think your son might have written this song for you"

𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠

First things first
We start the scene in reverse
All of the lines rehearsed
Disappeared from my mind
When things got loud
One of us running out
I should have turned around
But I had too much pride
No time for goodbyes
Didn't get to apologize
Pieces of a clock that lies broken
If I could take us back
If I could just do that
And write in every empty space
The words I love you in replace
And every time would not erase me
If you could only know
I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily

Silent days
Mysteries and mistakes
Who'd be the first to break
Guess we're alike that way
He said, she said
Conversations in my head
And that's just where they're gonna stay forever
If I could take us back
If I could just do that
And write in every empty space
The words I love you in replace
Then maybe time would not erase me
If you could only know
I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily

If I could take us back
If I could just do that
And write in every empty space
The words I love you in replace
Then maybe time would not erase me
If you could only know
I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily

Luke now has tears streaming down his face, "who was singing?" His mom said crying "uhm" I tried to think of an excuse but Luke walks out in the open, "I was mom" his parents are shocked and so am I, I didn't know he was visible to other people besides me and my dad. I look at Luke shocked and we share the same expressed looks and his mom looks at me "did you know about him being alive Julie?" I look at her "a few months ago I played one of his songs called 'Now Or Never' and I heard screaming and it was him luke Alex, and Reggie his band mates they were ghosts and now they aren't" I sigh, and look at Emily "your son has changed my life in so many ways I can't explain and-" I start getting teary eyed again. "And I'm in love with your son Emily and Mitch your son is alive he's right there standing with a beating heart now's your chance to catch up onto all of the things you never got to now's your chance to apologize and make up" Emily looks at me "my son died years ago" Emily said walking away and Mitch stands there "I'm sorry give us a moment" I nod my head and turn around to look at Luke "your in love with me?" I clear my throat "no i'm not I just decided to put that in there it just made sense" I say faking smiling, and turning back around to see Mitch "I'm sorry luke and Julie but she just-" I nod my head cutting him off "I know if I were her I would want to see my son here's my address" I say writing it down and handing it to him "in case she changes her mind he'll be there" I say smiling and walking out.

Luke's pov

Julie just said she loved me to my parents she said it didn't mean anything but I'm in love with her and I can't stop thinking about her constantly and I walk out shutting the door behind me and we get to her house "you okay Julie?" She turns to me "I should be asking you that" she replied looking at me concerned "just sucks you know? That they don't believe you or me" she nods looking down "it's not your fault" I say grabbing her hand, she looks at our hands then she looks up at me and I move closer to her. "I'm sorry for going to your parents house" she said whispering since we're so close now. I start leaning in and she let's go "I'm gonna go take a shower" she said quickly as I was leaning "okay" I said letting go of our hands and I'm not gonna lie i was kinda hurt but I guess it's just whatever.

I walk to the studio and walk in "hey how'd it go?" Alex asks standing up "uhm they don't believe us didn't believe us she tried and she said she was in love with me then she said that it made sense to say that to them and we were holding hands and I started leaning in to you know and she backed out of it" Alex has these sorry eyes "probably her first" Reggie said "Reggie" Alex said getting on to him "She's being in denial of her feelings right now luke it's just how she is we can't do anything about it and neither can you did you guys at least make up?" Alex asked concerned. "Yeah, yeah we did" I said sitting down on the couch.
TRIGGER WARNING; SEXUAL ASSAULT
Julies pov

I was writing down some stuff for my dream box about how Luke and I almost kissed i backed out because I'm being in denial of my feelings and I just couldn't kiss him he deserves to be with someone who is amazing beautiful and who makes him happy I can't be that person and a ghost and a human being? It wouldn't work I get up to put something in my dream box and all of sudden I hear a knock "come in" I said putting the note in my dream box I turn to see Nick "hey dad let you in?" He nods "everything okay with Kayla?" He clears his throat "Uhm no we broke up" I look at him "I'm so sorry" he clears his throat again "thanks Jules" Jules? He never calls me Jules "Jules?" I said smiling "Julie I'm going out for the night be in bed by 11:00 the latest" my dad yelled walking out and locking the door behind him "okay" I said before he walked out. Then nick looks at me and before I know it his lips are moving on mine "Nick" I said trying to make it stop "Julie what's wrong babe?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing "nick stop your hurting and I'm truly sorry" he Just pushes me to the wall and doing things I never thought he would do "nick stop" I say screaming at the top of my lungs I guess it was loud enough for the boys to hear because they all poof into my room and Luke pulls nick off of me and Alex grabs me and holds me into his arms I start crying into his arms and Luke is hitting nick non-stop "Luke stop" Reggie yelled "if you ever hurt or touch or even going fucking anywhere near her I will end your damn life you got me?" He nods spitting blood out and coughing Luke gets up and looks at me "Julie" I look at him with tears falling down my face and he pulls me into a tight hug all I needed was a hug from Luke it's all I wanted I don't hesitate and wrap my arms around him and sooner or later Reggie and Alex join in on the hug.

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚.