Together

Kirstie shot up, remembering that she hadn't bought any decorations for the party. Groaning, she texted Taylor asking if she could watch Adeline while she shopped.

Luckily, she agreed. When she got to the house, Kirstie gathered her things.

"Thank you so much. Adi is upstairs. She should still be asleep." Kirstie told her.

"Don't sweat it, Kirst. Where are you going to get decorations?" Taylor asked.

"I'm not sure." She said. "If she wakes up and wonders where I am, tell her I went to get birthday stuff."

"Alright." Taylor said.

Once they said their goodbyes, Kirstie left the house, starting on her way to Brandon.

She turned her radio up loudly, enjoying her alone time for once. It wasn't that she didn't like being around Adeline, she simply liked when she could spend time to relax.

Kirstie sang along with the music. This was something she hadn't done in a long time and, honestly, she missed it.

She laughed as Pentatonix's version of Starships came on her playlist. Singing her part, she jammed out, feeling nostalgic.

While the song was playing, she began to hear a weird noise. She hadn't heard the song in years, but she definitely knew that it wasn't a part of it. Turning her radio down, the noise continued, and her car began to slow down.

She pressed on the gas, hoping it would make the car go faster, but it was no luck. She pulled the car off the side of the road just before died.

"No, no, no! Seriously?!" She groaned. "This is just great!" She slammed her hands down onto the steering wheel, frustratedly.

Sighing, she ran her hands through her hair, thinking of something to do. She couldn't call Taylor or Darien, they have already helped too much. Scott, Mitch, and Kevin were probably still asleep, seeing as it was 7:00am on an off day. Esther probably would never talk to her again, so that just left him.

Dialing his number, she called him, hoping he would answer.

"Hello?" He answered, as she knew he would.

"Hey, Avi. It's Kirstie." She told him.

"I know that. What do you need?" He asked.

"Are you still in Brandon?"

"Yeah, I'm staying until Adeline's party." He told her.

"Oh, yeah.. Sorry, I forgot... Anyways, um, I was trying to go to the store to get decorations for the party and then my car started making weird noises and it won't start back up."

"I'll come get you." He replied.

"Really?" She didn't think he actually would.

"Yeah. Send me your location, I'll be there shortly."

She sent him her location, before going back to phone call. "Did you get it?"

"Yeah I did."

"Okay, I will see you in a bit. Oh, and Avi?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you.." She said.

"You're welcome, Kirst." She smiled. He hadn't called her that in years.