Try Again

4 Months Later

The band had just finished their last performance before a two week break. Kirstie's birthday was coming up and Avi wanted to make it special for her.

"Adi! You only have one therapy session left tomorrow! Are you excited?" Kirstie asked, packing their things.

"Yes! Daddy said we can have a party after." She told her.

"We sure can." Kirstie said as she finished cleaning the dressing room.

"There's my girls." Avi entered the room, smiling.

"Daddy! You did so good!" Adeline squealed, running to him.

"Thank you, honey, but it's all because of you. You're my good luck charm." He picked her up, placing her on his hip.

Avi and Adeline's relationship had grown stronger over the last few months. After the accident, Avi took himself to therapy, for the guilt was starting to eat him alive. He would go days without without seeing or speaking to Adeline simply so he wouldn't be reminded of that day.

Kirstie was glad that he got help on his own, seeing as nothing she could say was helping the situation. He had only spent two months in therapy when he could finally face the events of that day without shutting down. She was extremely proud of his progress.

"You did good today Adi." Her physical therapist praised. "I am going to miss seeing your face here."

"I'm not going to miss this place." Adeline said in a monotone voice, making everyone laugh.

"I'm sure you won't." The PT said, standing up from her chair.

"Thank you for all your help, Kelly. We really appreciate it." Avi told her.

"Oh, it's nothing. I love my job and the relationships that I get to make while doing it. It's very special to me." She explained.

"Alright, Adi. You're all done. You stay far away from roads alright?" She asked, bending down in front of her.

"Yes, ma'am." Adeline said, hugging Kelly's neck. She smiled, hugging the little girl back.

"Come on, Adi. We have to go. Miss Kelly has another patient to see." Kirstie told her, holding out her hand.

Adeline pulled from the hug and grabbed Kirstie's hand, waving goodbye to Kelly before leaving the hospital.

"Where do you want to eat, Adi?" Avi asked, putting on his seat belt.

"Um... Olive Garden!" She yelled as she sat down in her booster seat.

"Olive Garden? Why so fancy?" Kirstie wondered.

"To celebrate." Adeline told her as a-matter-of-factly.

Kirstie laughed, shaking her head, "Well, alright. Olive Garden it is then."

Avi gripped the steering wheel nervously, trying to get his hands to stop sweating. The car ride went as smoothly as Avi could have hoped. As they got out, Avi took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves.