Downfall

As Kirstie walked into RCA Records, a wave of memories flooded over her. She hadn't seen the place in over five years. A lot of her best memories with the band had been created here while recording.

She smiled, turning to Ben, "I have missed it here."

"I can tell. You should have never left." He told her.

"You know that wasn't under my control, Ben." She said, taking a deep breath.

Ben nodded, "I do. It should have never happened to you. It's unfair."

Kirstie went quiet for a moment, before laughing softly. "Why are you dressed up anyways? You look like you're going to prom." Kirstie asked, trying to lighten the mood.

Ben simply shrugged, ignoring the question. She eyed him, wondering why he had suddenly started acting weird.

Walking to the front desk, Kirstie informed the receptionist that she needed to meet with the President for an interview. She gave her a weird look before looking over at Ben.

"Her appointment starts at 3:30. I will take her to the office."

The receptionist nodded, watching them leave. The pair walked to the main office, where Kirstie stood outside the door, not wanting to go in.

Ben tried to stifle a laugh, "You're going to get the job. Calm down."

"I don't know, what if they still hate me?" She asked concerned.

"They don't." Ben stated, opening the door to the office without waiting for permission.

"Hey, what-" Kirstie started, but then furrowed her brows.

On the desk was a name plate that read: "Ben Hausdorff - RCA President"

Kirstie's mouth hung open as she stared at her best friend.

"Are you okay, Kirst?" He asked, laughing.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She crossed her arms.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." He told her.

Kirstie huffed, sitting down in a seat in front of his desk. "Fine, but you better tell me all about it when we're done.

Ben saluted, "Yes ma'am. So you already have the job. I just have to do paperwork with you for legal purposes." He explained.

"Wait what? I got the job?" Kirstie asked, excitedly.

"Of course." Ben told her.

Kirstie smiled, "Wow.. Thank you, Ben."

"Don't thank me. Thank your boyfriend who recommended you." Ben smirked at her, teasingly.

"He's not my boy- you know what? Let's just get this paperwork done." She blushed, changing the subject.

* * *

Kirstie was officially the band's new tour manager. She was having a hard time containing her excitement. After leaving the office, she made her way to her hotel room.

She called Avi immediately, wanting to share the news. The phone rang three times before being picked up by Taylor.

"Kirstie!" Taylor practically yelled.

"Hey, Taylor. Why do you have Avi's phone?" She asked.

"I need you to come home. Now." Taylor told her, seriously.

"What? Why?" Kirstie was starting to get worried.

"Just please hurry. Something happened to Adeline." Her voice cracked.

That's when Kirstie's heart dropped.