Halloween Part 2

All of Adeline's friends had finally arrived. Avi smiled at the girl, who was painting pumpkins with her friends outside.

"Enjoying the party?" A familiar voice asked.

"Nina? What are you doing here?" He was confused.

"I just wanted to keep you company." She said, running hand up his arm, her breath wreaked of alcohol.

"You do realize that this is a 4 year old's birthday party, right?" He asked, backing up.

"Yeah, but why does that matter? We can get out of here and have some fun." She told him, getting closer.

"How did you even find this place?" He asked, moving to the other side of the counter.

"I looked on Mitch's Life 360 and got your location." She said, sipping on her drink.

Avi rolled his eyes, "I think you should leave."

"Awe, why would I do that?" She walked over to him.

Avi looked around, hoping to find someone to help, but she already cornered him. Before he could get away, her lips were on his.

Pushing her away, he shook his head, "This is completely inappropriate."

Nina scoffed, "And shacking up with your ex-band mate isn't?"

"Mine and Kirstie's relationship is none of your business." He told her, walking away to find Kirstie.

He had searched the whole downstairs area, but she wasn't there. Walking up the stairs, he heard someone crying.

Furrowing his brows, he followed the sound. He knocked on the bathroom door.

Kirstie sniffled, "Go away."

"Hey, it's just me, Avi." He told her.

"Go away." She repeated.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." He said.

"Nothing. I'm fine." She tried.

"You're not. What's wrong?" Avi asked.

"It isn't important." She said.

"It is if it's making you cry." He waited for a
response. When he didn't get one, he sighed.
"Can I come in?"

Without a word, Kirstie got up, unlocking the door. She had mascara streaks running down her face and her eyes were extremely puffy.

A pang of pain hit Avi's heart. He wanted to hug her, but he didn't think she would want him to. Closing the bathroom door, he looked at her.

"What happened?" He asked.

"It's stupid." She told him, shortly.

"It's not. Something is making you upset and I'm not leaving this bathroom until I figure out how to help you." He told her.

"I'm overreacting."

"It doesn't matter. I want to help you, Kirst. I can't do that unless you tell me why you're upset."

She stayed silent for a moment, before sighing.

"I saw you kissing Nina, who shouldn't even be here."

Avi's eyes widened, "Wait, no. I was not kissing her. She came onto me, clearly drunk, trying to get me to leave the party. I tried to get her to leave, but she cornered me, before I could actually do anything." He told her, truthfully.

Kirstie knew he was telling the truth, if he wasn't, he wouldn't have kept his eye contact with her this whole time.

She sighed, putting head in her hands, "I'm sorry.." She couldn't look at him anymore, embarrassed that she was even upset about it.

"Hey, it's okay.." He told her, grabbing her wrists, so he could see her face.

She nodded, sniffling. "Is she gone?"

"Who? Nina? I don't know. How're you going to get her to leave?" He asked.

"Tell her that Esther called a meeting that she has to be at ASAP." She told him.

"Maybe that'll work. If not, I'm down to see you punch her in the face." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Kirstie rolled her eyes, laughing, "Yeah right."

Avi laughed and clapped his hands together. Smiling, Kirstie shook her head, walking to the mirror.

"Ew, I look awful." She said, grabbing a makeup wipe.

"Hey, that was rude." Avi said, going to stand beside her.

"Shut up." She said, pushing him jokingly.

"Make me." He said, getting closer to her.

They stared at each other for a moment, before Kirstie shooed him out of the bathroom.

"Go, I'll be back down in a minute." She told him, closing the door.

Once her makeup was fixed, she made her way back downstairs. Avi was standing in the doorway, watching Adi, and there was no sight of Nina anywhere.

Relieved, she made her way to Avi. She smiled at him, leaning on the otherside of the doorway.

"You know what I think we should do?" Avi asked her.

"What?" She questioned.

"Cut the cake. That's honestly all I came for." He joked.

Kirstie gasped, putting her hand over her heart, "How rude!"

Avi laughed once again, walking into the kitchen. Going outside, Kirstie announced that they were going to cut the cake.

All of the kids ran into the house like a stampede. Adeline jumped onto the barstool in-front of the cake, excitedly. Before they cut it, Avi put 5 candles into it, lighting them. Kirstie started singing Happy Birthday while the others joined in.

When the song finished, Adi blew out her candles. Everyone clapped and cheered for her.
Taking out the candles, Avi put them onto a napkin.

Kirstie grabbed a knife and began to cut the cake into small slices for the kids. Once they all had gotten a piece, Avi grabbed a plate, holding it out for her to put a piece on it.

She cut a tiny piece and placed it on his plate. Looking down at the slice, Avi super frowned, causing Kirstie to laugh.

Giving in, she gave him a much bigger piece.

"Hey, Kirst?" Avi asked when he had finished his slice.

"Yeah?"

"I think we should take a family picture." He said with a weird look in his eye.

"That sounds great, Av." She said, smiling.