Final Straw

Avi had stayed yet another night in Kirstie's home. This time, she asked him to stay to which he accepted. He wanted to spend as much time with Adeline as he could, for he knew he would be leaving soon.

The next morning, Avi woke up in an unfamiliar room. He panicked momentarily, before remembering where he was. Rubbing his tired eyes, he drug himself out of the bed and downstairs.

He saw Kirstie making breakfast, humming along to the music that had been softly playing on the tv.

"Good morning, bass man." She said, hearing his footsteps. Avi smiled, sitting down at the bar, "Morning."

Looking around, Avi yawned, "Where's Adi?" He asked noticing that her giddy presence was missing from the house.

"Oh, she went to Taylor's house. I asked if she could watch her for a big while we talked." Kirstie told him.

Avi's anxiety skyrocket as the words came out of her mouth. "Uh, talk? About what?" He managed to say.

"Us." She paused for a moment, before clearing her throat. "Esther called me.."

Avi's jaw set with anger, knowing what his sister was trying to do, "What did she say?"

Kirstie stayed silent for a moment, "Um, never mind. It's not important." She quickly said, grabbing their plates and putting them on the bar.

She was just about to get their cups before Avi grabbed her hand, stopping her. "What did she say to you?" He asked a second time.

Taking a deep breath, she said, "Esther told me that if she saw me or Adi with you one more time, she would do everything in her power to make the media and fans hate me. She would show Adeline how bad of a mom that I am. She said I don't deserve to be around you after leaving.. That all I know how to do is make people's lives harder. And that the only reason I didn't tell you that I was pregnant was because I was just jealous that you would have a future and I wouldn't." Kirstie's voice wavered as she repeated Esther's words verbatim.

"She said what?!" Avi said, backing away from her.

"Avi, please don't get mad. I mean I understand where she is coming from-" Kirstie said, quietly.

"No! She doesn't have the right to threaten you, to threaten my family." He said, slamming his hands on the counter.

"You know what? I'm going to put an end to this." He said, grabbing his keys.

"Just stop and think about this." Kirstie said.

"I have. And I'm doing what I should have done a long time ago." He told her, walking out the door.

* * *

Avi had never been so eager to see his sister in his life. Once he had finally made it to the hotel, he went up to Esther's room. Opening the door, he realized that the band was having a meeting.

"Huh, this looks pretty important. Don't you think I should have been told since, you know, I am part of this band?" He said, crossing his arms.

"Oh, I was fixing to text you." Esther said, putting on a fake smile.

"Cut the bull. You were not. Now, do you want to explain to me why you threatened Kirstie or not?" He said, not caring that his bandmates heard.

"Avi, what are you talk about?" Esther said, raising her eyebrow.

"Stop acting innocent. I know what you said to Kirstie. She told me everything." He said, glaring at her.