He's Always Right

A/N shit going down

Around 5 o'clock that night Jack was in a fuss to clean the dorm best he could. Crutchie was smiling like an idiot, watching Jack frantically run around and make the place, and himself, look decent. There was a knock at the door and Jack almost lost his shit. He ran a hand through his hair, taking a deep breath and going to answer the door. He beamed seeing Davey, in a blue sweater this time. Same jeans though.

      "Hey." He smiled a little.

      "Hey Dave! Come on in." Jack stepped aside, letting Davey into the apartment. "Crutchies ordering the pizza. I'm paying this time." He gave Davey a playful glare and he gave him a huge, cheesy smile in return.

      "If we start the movie now. We can get through the original trilogy by 11. I don't think you need another all nighter." Jack joked, sitting on the couch. Davey sat next to him, a good distance away, for now.

      "It'll be worth it for Star Wars." Davey relaxed into the couch.

      Jack laughed and turned on the movies as Crutchie plopped down in the chair next to them. "How many times have you seen these movies?" Crutchie asked as it loaded.

      Davey hummed "The original trilogy? At least 20."

       "That many?"
      "We're dealing with a nerd here." Jack joked.

      Davey rolled his eyes, "You're the one who suggested it in the first place."

      Jack opened his mouth to say something but gave in "True."

      They were 25 minutes into A New Hope when the pizza arrived. Jack paid for it before Davey could argue, putting the boxes in the kitchen with a dumb smile on his face. Crutchie hopped to the kitchen on one leg, abandoning his crutch by the chair. He grabbed a whole box and hopped back over, happy as can be. Jack took four pieces to start and Davey took two.

      "Not gonna have more?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

      Davey just shrugged "Maybe if I feel like it."

     Jack lowered his voice, if Crutchie heard Jack would have to bail him out of jail for murder. "If this is about what Katherine said earlier, don't let her get in your head. That's her goal. Don't give her that satisfaction." 

      Davey nodded, brushing his thumb against the side of the styrofoam plate creating a squeaky sound.

      Jack raised an eyebrow "You don't believe her. Do you?" Davey looked at the ground. "You shouldn't."

      "Why not?" Davey set the plate down on top of a box. "She's right."

      Jack shook his head "You believe she is, but shes not."

      Davey crossed his arms "I'll need proof to back up your statement Mr. Kelly."

      Jack looked Davey up and down, not meaning anything by it, but damn Davey was nice to look at. "Proofs right in front of me."

      He swore he saw Davey blush as he walked back to the living room which made his heart flutter. Katherine couldn't have meant what she said. Or at least meant it like that. Jack was still upset but he was sure he could just talk to her about it. Halfway through Empire Strikes Back two and a half of the three pizzas were gone and Davey was passed out. Crutchie and Jack just talked, it had been awhile since they had sat down and caught up.

      Davey foud a way to curl into Jacks side again. Jack placed his arm around Davey's shoulders like it was normal. He wished it could be. Crutchie stared for a second,

      "You're just not gonna acknowledge this?" He gestured vaguely towards a very peaceful Davey.

      Jack shrugged "Not exactly."
      "You're acting like its normal."
      "Its happened before."

      Crutchie gasped "When?!"

      Jack shushed him as Davey stirred, shifting only a little. "When you left again to go back to your lecture. He started down there ended up here." Jack shrugged.

      Crutchie squealed "You guys would be so cute!"

     "I think your forgetting a minor detail."
     "A minor detail that can and needs to be forgotten."

      Jack looked down at Davey. Could he dump Kath? It would be hard on both of them. But would it be worth it for Davey?

      "You know I'm right."
      "You always are."
      "Think about it. I'm gonna get some sleep."

      The last thing Jack had expected to be doing tonight was contemplating his life choices over his sketch book and The Rolling Stones. But here we are, four in the morning, three knew drawings of Davey, two slices of pizza, and a partridge in a pear tree.

      Davey must have left earlier in the morning with Crutchie because Jack woke up to an empty dorm. His first instinct was to rush and get ready for class, but his classes were still cancelled. Jack needed this degree and with cancelled lectures and a lack of work he was afraid it would take longer to get. Crutchie was back around 12.

     "Where's Dave?"
     "Katherine needed to talk to him."

     Jack looked up from his phone "She what?"

     Crutchie gave Jack a confused look, "Needed to talk to him..."

     Jack bit his lip. Katherine could say a few more choicy things and all hell would break loose.

      Crutchie stared at Jack for a second, "Oh my God Im gonna kill her!" He rolled up his sleeves walking to the door again.

      "You aren't going to touch her." Jack grabbed Crutchie by the collar of his shirt, closing the door.

      "We're just gonna sit here and let her rip him to shreds?"
       "Thats not what shes doing.."
       "It is to and you know it!"

      Jack did know that, Crutchie was right. He couldn't just let her rip him to pieces. The fog in his mind was clearing up and it was all laid out plain and simple. This was toxic. Katherine was controlling and hurting. Not just to Davey but to Jack and Crutchie and virtually everyone else in their little circle. But how Jack could get out of it. Now that would be difficult.