2. Azkaban and Blondes (Y3P2)

The quartet made their way through the aisle of the Hogwarts Express, looking for an empty cabin.

"Honestly, I didn't mean to blow her up." Harry explained, recalling the incident with his aunt before he'd shown up at the Leaky Cauldron on what he described as a 'triple decker wizard bus', "I just.. Sort of.. Lost control."

"Brilliant!" Ron exclaimed.

The redhead was met with a harsh slap on the shoulder from Hermione, "It's not funny, Ron, Harry's lucky he didn't get expelled."

"I mean, it is kind of funny." Katrina snickered, shrugging as she looked over at Hermione, who also shot her a glare.

"See, she agrees with me, I still think it's brilliant." Ron hummed, the three of them still following Harry when Neville ran by, chasing after his copy of Monster Book of Monsters.

"Come on, in here." Harry said, opening a door. Katrina raised an eyebrow and plopped down next to her father, who happened to be in that very cabin. He was dressed in shabby robes, sleeping with his head against the rattling window. She couldn't see how he could be comfortable, but she didn't question it. Her friends took their respective seats around her as Harry closed the door.

"Who d'you reckon he is?" Ron asked, tilting his head as he studied him.

"Professor R.J. Lupin." Katrina stated with a roll of her eyes, as if that information was the most obvious in the world

"You know everything, Harry, how is it the girls know everything?" He turned to Harry with bewildered eyes, as if it actually shocked him that she knew this... he was a bit slow that day.

Hermione and Katrina looked at each other, and then Harry, and all three of them kind of gave him.. a look... as if they called him an idiot with one wordless look.

The boy seemed innocently confused. "What?"

Hermione started, "For one, it's on his case, Ron, and for two-"

Katrina cut her off, her voice laced with sarcasm, "Jeez, Ron, it's like you've never heard the name 'Lupin' before."

It took a second, but finally, something clicked in Ron's brain. "Ohhh... He's your-"

"Father? Yes. I'd hope I'd be able to recognize him if he was asleep in the cabin we entered."

"Is he really asleep?" Harry asked, looking over at him warily.

Katrina poked her father's arm, and he just let out a grumble.

"I'd say so," Hermione chuckled, "Why, what is it?"

Harry glanced at the aisle outside the little cabin they were in before he started to tell all of them about how Sirius Black had escaped from Azkaban to kill him.

"So let me get this straight." Ron said, after Harry finished. "Sirius Black... Escaped from Azkaban, to kill... You?"

"Yes." Harry easily replied, and Katrina has to hold back from saying anything, because she still couldn't believe that this was the same person her father had told her about.

"But," Hermione interrupted, "They'll catch Black, won't they? I mean.. Eventually?" She and Ron looked worried and exchanged glances.

"Sure, of course," Ron's voice was full of sarcasm as he looked at Hermione full on, breaking out of his series of nervous glances, "No one's ever broken out of Azkaban before and he's a raving, murderous lunatic." His statement is cut short, though, when the compartment rattled and the lights flickered off.