6. Apologetic Shack (Y3P6)

"Ah! Come to see the show?" Draco yelled, standing at the top of the hill, with Hagrid's hut down below. They were executing Buckbeak, the Hippogriff , today, because of Draco and his father.

"You!" Hermione yelled, storming towards him as she drew her wand, "You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" She pointed her wand at him, holding it against his neck, which caused Malfoy to whimper with fear, even he knew how powerful Hermione was.

"Hermione..." Katrina mumbled, looking between the two.

"Zip it, he doesn't deserve to be saved by you this time, Rina." She shot the other female a glare.

"Hermione, no! He's not worth it." Ron pleaded, pulling her arm down.

Hermione seemed to give in for a moment, and Draco began to laugh after his fear subsided. But this only lasted for a moment, before Hermione whipped around and punched him square in the nose.

Katrina couldn't help but laugh this time, which earned her a glare from Draco as he fell to the ground, ever the drama queen. Crabbe and Goyle helped him up and they all ran back to the castle.

"That felt good." Hermione said, obviously proud of herself.

"Not good, brilliant!" Ron laughed, impressed.

After that, the four headed down to Hagrid's hut to comfort him before Buckbeak was to be executed. He didn't seem to be in the mood to talk, but he did give Ron Scabbers back, who he'd happened to find wandering about.

Hermione wasn't the happiest about that, and demanded an apology.

"You're right." Ron nodded, "Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know."

"I meant me." Hermione acted as though she was about to go off on Ron, but Harry said that the Minister and others were coming after they'd heard a pot shatter, and the moment was interrupted. Once they'd snuck back up to the top of the hill, all seemed forgotten.

I mean, at least Katrina thought it was, seeing how Hermione hugged onto Ron when they heard the axe come down.

There was a deafening moment of silence after, before a squeak came from Ron's hand, and then a yelp of pain as his rat fell to the ground. "Scabbers!... He bit me..." Ron exclaimed, looking down at his hand. He's stunned for a moment, before he realized Scabbers was running away. He ran after him without a second thought, headed right toward the Whomping Willow.

"RON!! WAIT!!" Harry, Hermione, and Katrina called, running after him.

Ron was right under the Willow when he finally caught Scabbers, and the three tried to warn him, but he seemed more afraid of something behind them as he pointed above their heads. "HARRY!! RUN!" He cried.

The trio turned around just in time to see a black dog jump over them and head for Ron, it bit down into Ron's leg and dragged him towards the tree, while Ron screamed and cried, clawing at the dirt. It disappeared down a hole with him, and Katrina raced forward leaped into it, going after them without a second thought.

Harry and Hermione weren't so quick, and had to deal with the willow before they could do the same.

"Ron!" Katrina screamed, running through the tunnel after him.

It didn't take Harry and Hermione long to catch up to her, where she'd stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

"The Shrieking Shack..." She mumbled, looking at them as they came out of the tunnel. "I'm not sure.."

She's interrupted by a scream from their friend, and the three of them ran up the stairs, casting Nox as needed, to where Ron was terrified and crying in a corner, sitting on a sagging old bed.