🌸Suspects🌸

"Thank you for the food." Everyone finished eating lunch and as soon as they did they raced towards the main door and ran out to continue playing. I finished my last piece of meat and furrowed my eyebrows together and glanced over at Emma. She seems nervous. I can tell she was shaking a bit and her hands were cold, Phil pointed that out and asked her what was wrong. "I-i just had a nightmare earlier but I'm fine now." She forced a smile quick.

Emma carried Phil on her back and together they went outside. Norman and Ray finished drying up the plates and proceeded to do the same. It's been almost two days since Conny was shipped and Emma was a bit too quiet, Isabella noticed it immediatedly and ordered me to check out what was wrong with those two. I did as told and began searching for them.

How come they were so stupid? Isabella found Little Bunny back at the gates, she has a keen eye and for sure she should've remembered the small girl carrying with her. Isabella knows something is up and I do too.

I hurried up and hid behind a tree when I spotted the trio. Emma was holding up a book and they were clearly whispering since I couldn't hear a word from them. "The children are over there Sister." My eyes widened a bit when I heard Ray's voice. I smiled to myself and left my hiding spot.

"Thank you, Ray. I was searching for them but couldn't find them." Ray kept a close eyes on me and still had a frown on his face. "Your mother and I decided to bake these for you." I took steps closer to them and handed them a cloth.

Norman slowly peeled it and there was freshly baked cookies. "Just the way you like them." I continue to smile at them. "Thank you, Sister. We were actually feeling a bit more hunger." Norman tells me and Emma nods her head as she began to chew one. 

"Sister.." I look at Emma who's attitude quickly changed again. Norman and Ray stayed quiet, almost glaring at the female in the group now. "Have you ever heard of an author called William Minerva."

I place my hand on my chin and began to memorize any sort of books I read. "I've read plenty of books but I've never heard of that person. Is there anything you need Emma?" The girl frowns a but but showed me a small smile and shook her head to the side.

"Very well then if you need me I'll be in the kitchen." Slowly I left the trio alone and frowned to myself. I wish I could tell you kids but I can't.

***************

I finally finished doing the laundry and felt relived when Don and Gilda offered to help me, a few of the little ones did too but tried their best with hanging the wet clothes. I watched them from afar and smiled at them until I felt Isabella behind me, "Did you hear something?"

Immediatedly I frowned and turned to her. "Nothing. They were playing with a group of the kids, they rested up for a bit but I didn't hear anything suspicious. Do you really think they saw them?" I ask and watch her nod.

"I'm positive." I better keep up with this she knows I am lying to her.

"Did we get any reports? Has Grandma called yet?" I continue to ask my questions. 

Isabella nods again, "We will be receiving some children by the end of the year. Ray will be leaving in a few months if I'm correct." I frown a little at that and see Isabella smirk at my sudden change.

"Don't tell me you have feelings for the boy, Ryo." She says using my name.

"I'm just here to do my job. I'll follow orders from the higher-ups no matter what and you know that." Isabella hums and nods again. "You can rest now, I'll go check the children."

Isabella left to kind the trio and was carrying one of the little ones, she's creepy I thought to myself and began wandering the house and stopped right outside of Isabella's room. I turned the doorknob but it wouldn't open, i reached up to grab a pin from my hair and opened it up with ease. Before I could enter I heard footsteps so I quickly shut the door, thankfully it was just a group of kids running around the house playing hide and seek.

I closed the door again and went into my room for some silence. It wasn't long when I was laying on my bed and drifted to sleep and had a dream or a memory when I was little.

*******Flashback********

My tongue was sticking out when I was quickly writing on a small sheet of paper, it wasn't the cleanest of grammer but whoever was reading this would always reply back. "There!" I smile and rolled up the sheet and tied it with a small piece of rope. I ran deeper into the forest and whistled. I stayed quiet and was happy when I heard wings flapping, a small dark bird landed on my shoulder and chirped at me when I held my palm up and offered it crumbs of bread.

"I'm so glad you were close by. Think you can deliver this to me again?" The bird chirped in my ear making me squirm a bit but I smiled and carefully tied it to it's feet. The birds looked at me one last time and i waved at it when it began to fly away. I heard a whistle in the distance and felt sad since I knew I had to head back into the house and help my brothers and sisters out with dinner.

*******End Flashback******

I woke up and noticed the time "The day keeps on ending quicker." I stood up and made myself look presentable again. I combed my long hair and placed it in a bun and headed out of my room. "Sister!" As soon as I got out I was swarmed by a group of children. "Can we please have more cookies? Mama won't let us have moee." The kids begged and began to cry a bit.

"You can have more but don't tell her okay?" I whispered. The kids cheered and we all snuck down to the kitchen and I gave them their cookies as promised. "Mama needs some help, can you each take these to her?" I held down a plate of buns and they excitedly took it and tried their best not to let them fall.

The golden trio aren't around again. Why is it always them? I began searching for them and I smiled to myself when I noticed they were in the library but with Don and Gilds too. The other two were surprised to see me enter. 

"Dinner is ready children, Isabella told me to inform you all." They all looked at each other nodded and one by one they left. "Ray." I calles out before he could step out. He hummed and had his back to me, "Are you feeling okay? I see you've been quiter than usual."

The dark haired boy remained silent and so he shrugged his shoulders, "Everything is fine, Sister." I stayed silent and watched him slowly leave leaving me alone in the library.