XXVIII

*Cainis' Pov*

I'd shown up at the cafe at about eight this morning and have been working since. Princely took the shift with me incase Sage came today.

"Welcome to Only This Chance, how many?"

"One." 

I whipped my head up coming in contact with Keller's eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well I hadn't heard from you for awhile thought you might've tried getting rid of me."

"Shut up, anyway I'm sorry there's just a lot going on with the pack."

"I was playing but I do have a question for you?"

"Okay?"

His smile was suspicious.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to come over to the house later? Bethany said she'd have the twins for tonight, thinking we have some good food, watch a movie. What do you say?"

"I don't know, I never got my answer even though I did everything you asked.."

I was teasing but he wasn't stupid.

"Yes now will you come?"

"You didn't sound very sincere."

"Never mind then."

He began walking away.

"Get back here, I'll go."

He smiled "Was that so hard?"

"Utterly."

"When you get done?"

"Six but I'll head home to shower first. How about I see you about eight?"

"Sounds like a plan, bye Cainis."

"Bye Kell."

I rushed through the rest of the day, which wasn't really making time go by faster like I had hoped.

"Night Cainis, I'll be in tomorrow so you don't have to worry about coming in."

Princely informed me.

"Thanks Princely, I'll see you later."

He left leaving me to clean up. I had to stop by Lincoln's before leaving, I didn't think they were still fighting.

I stopped home getting in the shower.

I don't know what's going on, this was too much. I was stressed to the max and just flat out tired.

I ended up at Lincoln's fifteen minutes later. I stepped to his house slowly. Everything was quite, too quite.

"Lincoln?"

After waiting a minute I stepped but saw no sign of him. I looked around then walked to his room.

The sight struck me hard.

Lincoln was huddled on the floor pale as a ghost with his face wet from tears and he had something curled into his hands.

I pulled him up but he wasn't standing, as if his legs didn't work, he was shaking so bad.

I sat him on the edge of the bed.

"Lincoln, what happened?"

"Basel."

He was gasping.

"What about him?"

He was just rocking saying Basel over and over.