XXX

*Lincoln's Pov*

"Lincoln."

I turned in circles looking for him, his voice was fading and I didn't want him to go. I ran as fast as I could.

I was scared.

"Lincoln, come find me."

"I can't Basel, just come back."

I woke at about noon with a splitting headache.

I rolled over in my bed, I wondered how I got here, not remembering most of the events after discovering Basel's note.

I got up and headed to the bathroom. I ran cold water and splashed it onto my face, I looked in the mirror just staring at my reflection.

My eyes were blotchy and red, my face was pale and lifeless, everything on me was a little swollen from all the crying I had done.

I was truly a mess.

Aside from that I couldn't feel Lazer, it was like he just went numb without his mate. I had tried to feel him for comfort but he shut himself from me.

I wanted to just curl back into my bed which still held Basel's scent and stay there but I needed to stay strong.

Even though all I felt was empty, I craved Basel's presence.

I routinely found my way to the kitchen for coffee though there was no desire for it. I knew I was going to lay back down anyway it was just a matter of when.

I didn't see why it made a difference, I couldn't keep my mind off of Basel even in being asleep but at least he was still here in my dreams.

Basel would be on the couch watching his sappy shows and crying while I drank my coffee in the kitchen as I silently watched him from where I stood.

I had told him not to watch shows that made him cry but he constantly told me crying was the point. I never got it, yet it pleased him so I tended not to question it often.

I already knew so much but so little and felt like I had lost everything.

His eyes that would plead with me, his smile he always gave for the most random reasons, his lips he would ask me to kiss, his body I would hold in order for sleep.

How could I have lost all of that before I even got a chance to cherish it completely?

I sat my mug down and walked to the living room.

Enough of Basel's presence had been in here for his smell to linger everywhere, stronger in my bedroom where he went for safety. But the living room was where he always hung out waiting for me to return when I would leave.

The week Cainis was in a coma was the worst.

I ran my fingers along the cushions and pillows on the couch, hoping for any sign of his warmth being left behind.

My eyes began roaming around to spark memories instead they found a piece of paper folded neatly in half on the coffee table in the middle of the room.

I reached over and picked it up, unfolding it slowly as if it could have a bomb. It might as well have been because the contents struck my heart fast and hard. My mind only catching on seconds after.

Basel is quite beautiful, isn't he? -S

That bastard.

I should have known, I had to get him back, no matter the risks of doing so.

I called Cainis because I didn't know what else I could do.

"Lincoln now isn't a go-"

I cut him off.