Chapter 5: An Extended Stay

Gently, the boy glided the palms of his cold hands up and down his arms to try to warm up the tips of his fingers. Jungkook's weak body shivered at the touch over his warm skin and questioned what caused his skin to turn as cold as ice. He quickly wrapped his body in the red comforter and let out an exhale once more.

      "I've had many hangovers, but none of them made me this cold and exhausted..." Jungkook thought and felt as if his breath grew short. "I need to call Namjoon... maybe he isn't mad anymore... he can help me," Jungkook whispered and reached over to his phone to turn it on. After the phone turned off through the storm, he didn't bother to switch it on after, but only now, he hoped it would.

      The pale and weak fingers of the boy trembled when they reached over to the phone sitting on the bedside table. Then, he let out a huff and finally grabbed onto it before retrieving it. Jungkook's hand still shook while he held the phone in his weak grasp. In seconds his fingers would give out and the phone would slip, yet, he still tried to hold it in place. Slowly, Jungkook slipped his index finger down to the power button on the side, trying to turn it on when his battery flashed on a low bar.

       "It was charged before I got here... I guess I have to charge i- fuck... I didn't bring my charger!" Jungkook hissed and dropped his arm, slamming his phone against the bed. Quickly he covered his face right after and began to think. "I need to ask Seokjin if he has a charger... I don't think I have it in me to walk back."

       Jungkook thought out his words to himself and tried to gather the strength to get up. He knew something was wrong, he just didn't know what it was. But of course, Jungkook's first thought was to contact Namjoon. Even if they weren't on good terms, Namjoon was always there for him in any situation; he did this out of the brotherly love he had for Jeon Jungkook. It was the idea of being loved by Namjoon that made Jungkook so sure he would help, there was never a dull day when Namjoon would turn him away.

       After a while, the boy gathered enough energy to get up, change his clothes, and brush his teeth before going down to the lobby to see Seokjin. He tucked the hem of his black turtleneck shirt into his light denim ripped jeans held against his toned hips with a his black leather belt. Once Jungkook packed all of his clothes and belongings into his backpack, he was on his way towards the elevator.

       The hall of the third floor was as silent as the building when Jungkook arrived. Not even a sound of a television heard from a room away or even the sound of laughter. Everything was silent and Jungkook wondered if there were any guests checked in at all! Of course, Jungkook would understand if there wasn't. The 'Master' was a very intimidating man, so the boy would have assumed that the man scared away a lot of people from staying.

        Just when Jungkook began to leave his room, he heard a door close from behind him. Within seconds, his heart raced and his eyes darted forward towards the elevator. He was curious to know if anyone else lived on the same floor as him, but at the same time, he didn't want any contact with anyone unless he was actually going to get to know them.

      Jungkook sprinted towards the elevator when he suddenly heard a slight chuckle coming from behind him. This alone caused him to stop completely in his place. Knowing well that a laughter as hollow and intimidating like that sounded all too familiar.

       "Leaving already? How was your stay?" Asked the gentle but eerie voice that crept from behind the young boy. "I would have assumed your stay would at least be for the minimum of three days... of course, that's what you paid for, right?"

       "I-I.." certainly, Jungkook didn't pay at all. He froze to think of an answer as the owner of the hotel stood behind him. Not uttering another word to save Jungkook from the silence. "I requested a short stay... I must go now..."