Opening

Subtle hue of paint covers the gallery. It was there. The painting. It somehow gave me a really ominous vibe. Chills creeping up my spine. It wasn't the best idea to go to the gallery at night. But the exhibition was opening in another few days and I needed to make sure everything was going smoothly. I took a good look at the painting I made. it's beautiful, in my opinion. But I can't help that I might have made a really eerie, very distraught painting. I didn't know what crossed my mind to paint this. But as my theme of my exhibition was horror, it would have crossed my mind, but I didn't know what triggered it though. While I ponder, my friend, Jessamine, the only friend that I ever know of back from Seattle, complimented about the sketch a while ago and told me that the sketch was creeping her out and said I did a good job. The color of blood gave it a chilling sensation, to me it depicts what every demon desire for the state of the survival of their life and also with a help from the internet, it also shows bloods were always a must for all sacred rituals. The most popular searches were mostly about vampires. I've always wondered what happens if they were actually real. But we've all would be dead by now, wouldn't we?

Jessamine was a really good friend of mine, she was the only one who would ever know things about me, event the things that I wouldn't know about myself. I went into an accident a while ago. It resulted in me losing my memories, and gifted me with a really terrible migraine that I have up until now but with practice, it was much more bearable. The doctors couldn't tell what's wrong with me. We did every test we could have possibly done. CT scan, MRI scan, blood test basically everything. Not even one answer was given. I don't know who, what I am anymore except that my name is Isle Doe. Yes, like John Doe. Because my first name was the only thing I remembered. And that my age was somewhere around 24-27. I took the youngest one of course. It made me feel younger. I laughed at myself recalling that memory. I may be 30 years old for all I know.

I met Jessamine at the hospital where I was treated. She had cancer. We met in an odd way, really. I remembered hitting rock bottom where I couldn't live anymore because of my identity crisis. I didn't know who I am, it really bothers me that the only thing I know about myself was my name, so what I did was I head onto the hospital roof and tried to jump before she called out to me.

"It hurts though!" She said. I remembered I almost fell when I wasn't ready at all. "You thought that jumping may kill you instantly, but it doesn't. You're going to feel very much in pain." She said. She was lovely. She wore a cute flowery beanie that covers head. Her baggy eyes that looked like she hasn't slept in forever but she was still smiling. She was so pale to the point that I can see her blue veins on her arms and neck. But she still kept going. "You really don't wanna kill yourself that way, do you?" was her question that made me go down to get a cup of coffee together at the hospital's cafeteria. From then on, I've known the things she shared with me about her. She has melanoma, it began as a small tumor that infects the skin, but it was growing rapidly and she was at a critical stage. All she said was "Maybe something out there, like a God or something wants me to have a better life on the other side. If I can get a better sex life, then I'm on board." We laughed. She also had a cat that she really loved. It's name was Spots, because he had black spots all over it's white fur. She really loved him, the cat went through the cancer with her. But it passed away just recently. She was also deeply in love with a boy band that she used her final dying wish to watch their full concert. I laughed hysterically.

"OH MY GOD!" I laughed with tears coming out. "That was a really stupid dying wish Jess!" I teased. "It was, I know, I could have spent it on an unlimited free ticket trip to all around the world. And I decided to use it on a boyband who literally asked me if cancer was curable." She said, and again I bursted into laughter. Then we stopped laughing for a while.

"How long have you got..?" I started slowly while taking my sketch book out. Jess took a deep breath. "This year may be my last." She said. I stopped what I was doing and looked at her. She avoided my eye contact by taking the book out of my hand. "What's this?" She said changing the solemn subject. "Wait!" I panicked. As she turned the pages, she was observant. "Are you going to do something about your talent or are you just going to waste it on some dumb looking notebook?" She asked. "It's not a dumb looking notebook!" I snatched it away from her. "Its a hospital's notebook!" She laughed. I smiled. "I know...." I said. "Don't waste your talent, Isle. Don't waste yourself by jumping off a hospital." She said. "At least jump off a strip club or a casino hotel or the Eiffel Tower. Why a hospital anyway?" She said. "You shit." I cursed. Both of us laughed so hard until our stomach hurts.