xxiii: pureblood supremacy.

(contains mention of suicide)

Cedric Diggory. What lies behind that mask that you wear? A web of lies spun so beautifully. A mask that hides the truth, one that seems worlds apart next to the golden boy. Was it the sister you never talked about? The one who jumped out of a building and lay dead for you to find her body? It was, wasn't it? For the sight of her lifeless body and the body that painted your hands when you tried to revive her never really left you, did it? Your parents, they never cared enough, did they? you were always the favourite while your parents first child was nothing compared to you. They didn't care. 

Hufflepuff's golden boy did care though. He cared more than enough. He cared enough, that sleep haunted him and his dead sister's figure was a constant reminder of the title that hung over his head. The kitchen was were he stitched his mask. Each seam stitched with tears and pain until not even those closest to his heart could see past it. But Stormy Arabelle was someone who saw past the mask. She knew that kitchens were sacred for those who had scars running deeper than their veins, who held stories of pain and unspeakable trauma buried within their lips.

he had never meant to open up the seam that kept his wife together, but he saw too much of the little, broken boy he once was in her. He told her, each stitch slowly opening up for her to poke and see. He told her about his parent's hatred for his sister, about the pain he felt, about the nightmares that visited him every night. The same one over and over, his sister's bloody body sprawled across the pavement. 

she'd listened, unsure of why  Cedric was opening the mask he had so beautifully stitched. It wasn't she like she had asked, but the words came like they were meant to, his story spilling out, changing the way she looked at him, the way she would know look at every girl that now bore been the smallest resemblance to Cedric or his family. 

She was starting to see a life beyond her three best friends, maybe the days after they left, where she once thought she would be all alone would now be filled with Cedric and conversations over cereal. There was something about them, so different yet united by one singular experience. People knew that two had struck up a friendship, surprising the majority of the Hogwarts population. She was known being eyed with a little more viciousness from the rest of the girls who seemed to think that the two were somehow romantically involved. 

Dean had been surprised, he had never even heard her mention Diggory and then out of nowhere, he was always around her, making her laugh. he still liked her, but he knew that she was drifting away. They barely spent time together and although she did say the words that made his heart melt, he just didn't want this anymore. and so, the two sat down and had an amicable breakup with no tear on either side, for both knew it was good while it lasted but now that it was over it was just as good. Deep down, Stormy knew that unknowingly the two had equally done their fair share of pushing each other way. 

it wasn't sadness or anger or even fear that night that kept her up. It was restlessness. Like an annoying bug it set in her bones and she lay in bed, it ate her. She finally gave in and walked across the corridors and into her familiar place, wondering if she would Cedric there. It wasn't him though, It was Blaise.

Blaise hunched over a letter, a plate of biscuits at his side. The two hadn't had a conversation or even any semblance that the two knew that they existed to each other. She slid into the seat opposite him but he doesn't reply or even acknowledge her presence. She kicks his foot after a while and he lifts his head to meet her eyes.

"Whatcha writing?"

"Nothing."

"come on, I'm good at words."

"that's why we are both in Slytherin, then."

"What?"

"What do you want?"

his hands are folded across his chest and his eyes stare straight back at her. She shrugs in reply and he sighs pushing the parchment away from him." It's a letter to my mother, " he says and she nods her head. "

"I haven't seen you around."

"Rumour has it that Diggeroy and you are the new 'it' couple. At least Diggory isn't a muggle-born." 

"For your information, Mr pureblood, Cedric and I aren't a thing. and as Dean, while it's true that we aren't together anymore, that doesn't mean you can insult hi.m"

Blaise raises an eyebrow, a smirk slowly forming at his lips, "I'm just stating what's true, Arabelle. Thomas would never have been able to keep up with you. You might not like Draco but the two of you were raised in mansions with house-elves and everything you wanted. You think you're so different from him but it comes down to the simple fact that Draco as raised to believe that blood that runs through our veins is superior while you were led to believe otherwise."

"And what do you believe?"

"I'm a pureblood. I know that and I know that us, the purebloods we had years of history and magic that no one else has."

"And that makes us superior?"

"Yes."

"We aren't anything great at all, Zabini, we are just as great as we try to be. All that magic that's been in our blood is useless. We aren't superior. maybe the money but not by anything great. Draco and I are miles apart. Yes, we were raised in the same town and the same riches, hut that small difference is what makes two human beings that will never have common ground. Draco and you and rest of your gang are all poisoned. Poisoned with lies of blood supremacy by stupid people who don't know any better. It isn't you that thinks the way you do. It's stories and lies and other people's words"

A\N: THANK YOU FOR 49K READS IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME. oNCE AGAIN, THIS CHAPTER SUCKS AND WAS JUST ME FORCING MYSELF TO WRITE EVEN THOUGH I FELT KINDA STUCK SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME. tHANK YOU for COMMENTING, ALL THE THREADS MAKE ME CRACK UP AND LITERALLY MOTIVATE ME TO WRITE MORE AND HELP ME TO TRY AND BE CONSISTENT. I've BEEN PUTTING UP TWO CHAPTERS A WEEK BUT I HAVE BAD NEWS, THAT YOU'LL ARENT GONNA LIKE. AFTER CHRISTMAS BREAK I HAVE MY MIDTERMS AND A WEEK AFTER THEM I HAVE MY FINAL MOCK EXAMS WHICH WILL BE THE LAST EXAMS[HOPEFULLY] I EVER TAKE IN THE SCHOOL I CURRENTLY GO TO. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WILL BE CHANGE CAUSE OF THE VIRUS AND ALL AND MY FINAL MOCKS MIGHT BE POSTPONED TO FEBRUARY. UNFORTUNATELY, THAT ISN'T THE END. AFTER MY FINAL MOCKS I ANSWER MY REALLY IMPORTANT, BIG EXAMS EITHER IN APRIL OR MAY. THAT MEANS THAT THIS BOOK MIGHT COME TO HALT IN THOSE TWO MONTHS AND JANUARY AND EVEN THOUGH I'LL TRY TO UPDATE IN BETWEEN IT MIGHT BE UNLIKELY CAUSE OF ALL MY STUDYING. I HOPE YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND BUT I'LL TRY AND KEEP UPDATING AS MUCH AS I CAN. THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE AND FOR READING THIS ENTIRE RANT AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ND I LOVE READING COMMENTS LOL.