Going Home

Y/N's POV

I was discharged from the hospital after about 5 days. Tommy and Toby came everyday to visit me, which was kind of them.

I was picked up by Toby's mom when I got discharged. I had tears in my eyes when she handed me the adoption papers. We drove out of the parking lot and started driving to my new home.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Smith."

"Aw, no problem. Toby has told me all about you. Also, call me mom if you want to."

She smiled at me as I nodded.

"He's told you about me?"

"Yeah. He says that Tommy talks about you a lot. It's like Tommy likes you Toby said."

"He does. He told me so a few days ago."

"And?"

"I said that we should wait until I get settled in with Toby and his family since it might overwhelm me with anxiety and all."

"Probably smart. Also, I might want to warn you about Tommy and kicking pc's."

"Haha, yeah. Thanks for the warning. My pc is probably destroyed by now."

"Why?"

"My mom."

"Well, we'll get you a new one, you can use the old office room for streaming and your room if you want to."

"Really? Thank you."

"Yeah. We can repaint it though. It's an ugly green right now."

"Wow, yeah, sure."

"We can pick up some paint right now, what colors?"

"I'm not sure. I'll have to look at them."

"Alright."

We drove into the parking lot of the store, walking in about 5 minutes later.

I looked at the colors and decided upon a soft grey and white. I was gonna do one wall white and the rest grey. I'm gonna use the white wall as a canvas. We picked up some other painting supplies and paid, leaving soon after.

We arrived at the house and it was amazing. I walked inside with the paint and supplies.

"Hey, mom, where's the old office?"

"Upstairs, across from Toby's streaming room."

"Ok." 

I walked upstairs, carrying the plastic bags of paint and paint supplies.

I saw Toby's streaming room and waved to him and didn't say anything since he was streaming. 

I opened the door and it was a HUGE space. I walked to the middle of the room and set the paint supplies down. 

I had an idea on where my bed would go, same with my dresser and desk.

I took out the masking tape and taped what I didn't want painted. Such as the door frame, sockets and light switches.

I took out the paint and opened the grey paint can, pouring it into the pan. I took the paint roller and dipped it in the paint, spreading it onto the wall.

~time skip~

I was almost done with my room, I just needed to finish the white wall... and the top of the other walls. Don't blame me for being short (sorry if you're tall)

"Toby! Y/N!"

"Mom! I'm streaming!"

Toby was streaming, so I went down stairs and answered what she was calling about.

"What's up?"

"Tommy's here."

I smiled at the sound of his name. I turned the corner and saw Tommy taking off his coat and shoes.

"Y/N!"

"Hey, Tommy."

We hugged and he asked me how I was doing in the new home.

"I'm doing just fine. I was painting my room when mom called both Toby and I down. He was streaming so I was the only one to come down."

"Cool! Could I see?"

"Yeah, for sure!"

I went up the stairs and he followed, looking at Toby as I opened the door.

"Wow, uhm, one question though. Why the green outline on the top? It throws off the colors."

I glared at him.

"Do I look tall to you?"

He laughed.

"You can't paint it... because you're too SHORT?"

At this point he was gonna go light headed from laughing.

"Shut up." 

"Do you want help or no?"

"You're gonna paint it?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Ok, you can do the top, while I get what I can reach."

He giggled. 

"Alright."

I painted over the second layer of white paint and turned to see Tommy painting the top. I took the opportunity to dip my fingers in white paint. I tapped his shoulder and lightly (Ok, maybe not lightly) slapped him on the face. 

"Ow, what was that for?"

"You got paint on the roof."

I pointed up and there was a small line of grey paint on the roof.

He grabbed my brush and went to fix it.

"I'll be right back Tommy."

"Ok."

I closed the door and walked over to Toby's room.

"Are ya done streaming?"

"Yeah. Just finished."

"I'm gonna invite Tommy to stay for supper, I may or may not have slapped white paint on his face. DO NO TELL HIM! I need you to tell mom and dad about this since he might get a bit sus on why I'm gone so long."

"Ok."

I walked back in to my room and asked Tommy to stay for supper, of course he said yes.

We finished painting as supper was called, this is going to be HILARIOUS.

I know it sucks a bit, but y'know.