Laughing at Dinner

Y/N's POV

I walked downstairs to see Tommy sitting at the table smiling and looking confused while the others kept laughing.

"Y/N, is there something wrong with me?"

"No...not at all. Why?"

They were all bursting laughing at this point, but yet, Tommy was confused.

"Alright, calm down. Let's eat."

"Ok."

Mom put plates our plates of food on the table. Tonight was the first dinner with my family, and Tommy. I took a bite of the steak, and it was amazing. Usually for my supper I had either oatmeal or soup.

"Mom, this is amazing."

"Glad you like it."

I took the last bite of potatoes, finishing my plate in record time. 

I smiled and looked at Tommy, choking almost immediately on mashed potatoes. He got up swiftly and came to my side. I took a drink of my water as the rest of my new family kept staring at me, letting out giggles. I was coughing every now and then, but lived. 

I thought of the perfect way to let Tommy know that he had paint on his face.

"Hello, paint face. Where you concerned that I was gonna die?"

"Kinda-wait, paint face?"

He lifted his hand felt where the paint was. I took this time to run into Toby's streaming room and hide behind the green screen in a cardboard box. I'm tiny, so I fit pretty well. I buried myself in the packing peanuts and waited.

I heard him come up the stairs and walked into my room most likely, then into Toby's room. He had the manhunt music playing from his phone, of course. I could feel the green screen move and the music came closer. I bit my lip trying not to make sound. 

I felt the box get picked up and I could feel the box starting to break underneath.

"Tommy, the box-"

I was cut off by falling out of the box and almost going down the stairs. Luckily I caught the railing.

"-is breaking."

I let out wheeze, as did Tommy.

I got up, still being covered in packing peanuts. I took one out of my hair, tapping it on my tongue and sticking it to the wall.

"What the fuck?"

Tommy looked at me, taking a packing peanut out of my hair, tapping it on his tongue, and sticking it beside mine. I smirked and took a couple more out of my hair, sticking them to the wall to make a smiley face.

"Y/N, wanna hang out sometime soon? I know you already said you'd want to-"

"Tommy, I'd love to. Do I look overwhelmed?"

He looked me up and down.

"No, you look like a snowman."

My head snapped up at the remark. 

"You aren't wrong."

I shook off some of the packing peanuts, picking some out of my hair, Tommy helping to get the ones that I couldn't see.

"Thank you, go wash that paint off your face."

"That's why you slapped me and they were laughing, isn't it."

"Yeah, I have zero regrets."

"Haha."

He went to the bathroom and washed the paint off. Everyone finished eating and departed their ways.

I waited for him on the stairs, playing on my phone. A cold, wet drop of water went down my back.

"TOMMY!"

He stood there laughing. I glared at him. 

He eventually stopped laughing and looked at me, still glaring at him.

"Stop glaring at me."

He took my phone.

"Hey! Give it back!"

"Calm down, I'm putting my number in your contacts in case you ever need me." 

He handed my phone back, I looked at the contact he made for himself.

'Tommy <3'

I giggled.

"Thanks."

"Hey, Y/N."

"Yeah?"

"You wanna go to a party tonight? My buddy's having one."

"I'll have to ask, depends on what she says."

"Ok."

I walked downstairs in search of Mom.

"Hey mom!"

"Hello, what do you need?"

"Could I go to a party tonight?"

"With who?"

"Tommy."

"What time will you be back?"

"I don't know, don't wait up though. Could be late."

"Alright, stay near Tommy though, I don't want you hurt."

"Ok! Thank you!"

I ran back up stairs all giddy and happy.

"I can go!"

"YEAH!"

"She said I have to stay near you though."

"That works for me."

I laughed and went to my room as Tommy left. 

I opened my window and yelled at him.

"BYE TOMMY!"

"BYE Y/N!"

I closed my window and started to clean up the paint. 

Alright, this was interesting to write lol.