SEVEN

{a/n: it's official violet and caroline's ship name is either carolet or varoline! also some really important information is going to be revealed so pay attention ;) }

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗
SEVEN
sweet child o' mine
she's got a smile and it seems to me,
reminds me of childhood, memories
where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky.
now and then when i see her face,
she takes me away to that special place
and if i stare too long,
i'd probably break down and cry.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

s2;e9

BULGARIA 1490

SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD KATERINA PETROVA SCREAMED LOUDLY, SQUEEZING HER OLDER SISTER'S HAND TIGHTLY. "I can't do this, I can't." She shakes her head as she tries to push the baby out.

"Yes you can, sweetheart." Violet smiled encouragingly, stroking her little sister's hair gently. "You're almost there. So close now." She soothed softly.

Katerina cried out in pain again, giving one last push as the baby comes out fully. She slumped against the bed tiredly, sighing in relief.

Their mother picked the baby up in her hands. "It's a girl!" She announced.

Katerina moved forward on the bed, Violet's hand on the back keeping her steady. "A girl." She said. "Please, mother, let me see her!" Katerina pleaded reaching out with her exhausted arms the best she could for her baby.

Their father shook his head in refusal, tearing the baby from their mother's hold. Katerina begged and pleaded to see her daughter at least once, but he refused. He simply called her a disgrace and left the room without a second thought.

Katerina looked up at her sister in desperation, but Violet could only shake her head sadly. "I'm so sorry, Katerina." She said, holding her arms out. The younger girl crumbled into her hold, clinging to her tightly as she sobbed. Violet placed a kiss to her head, before moving her over to their mother.

Violet left the room, running after her stepfather who was preparing to leave the house. "Please, let me take the child." She pleaded. "At least until I can find them a home."

He shook his head firmly. "I will take her out to the woods, and leave her there."

"No, you can't!" She said. "Please. I'll take the child, and I'll leave. I won't live here anymore. It has not been long since my husband died, I can pass her off as my own."

He stood still for what seemed like an eternity, considering his decisions. Eventually, he nodded, shoving the baby into Violet's arms. "Take her. Leave. Don't come back."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══

For a vampire Violet's age, time ran funny, and quite often got away from her, most recently making her late to meeting Caroline and Elena at the tomb to talk to Katherine. Although Katherine was not able to leave the tomb, it was decided to be best if Violet was present for mediation purposes.