chapter five

"Please, Madame Pomfrey!" Harry pleaded. The matron huffed.

It was the end of the day and Harry really didn't want to sleep in a room that smelled like detergent and all sorts of cleaning potions...

Especially not when he had to spend it with the most annoying git of all time.

"Alright," she relented, letting him jump out of the bed. "Just don't forget to come back when you get a headache!"

Harry made to flee the room before remembering Malfoy, who sat on the other bed with an air of annoyance. "Forget about me, Potter?"

Harry sighed, and turned to Malfoy with a dramatic eye-roll. "Come on then, your Majesty, I'm not going to wait all day!"

Malfoy didn't move. "Technically, I could make you wait all day."

"But then you'd have to wait too."

"Yes, but I'd have a choice. No one would be forcing me to wait."

"I could force you to leave. I can leave and have your chest rip open once again."

"But yours will too-"

"Boys!" Madame Pomfrey exclaimed angrily. "Out!"

They scurried out of the Wing and left the matron to tend to her blistering headache. They both scowled at each other when they came to their joint room. They hadn't slept in it yet, and they weren't looking forward to it.

The portrait of an old man stared down at them patronizingly. "Password?"

Harry scrambled to get the sheet of paper that McGonagall had given him out of his robes. "What does that even say?"

McGonagall must have scrawled it in a hurry, because the password was practically illegibly, much unlike her normal, elegant handwriting.

"Give it here, Potter," Draco snatched it, squinting at it valiantly. "The first letter looks like a 'P'."

"No, it doesn't," Harry snorted, trying to take it back. "It's an 'M'!"

"Perlop?" Malfoy tried. The man was unmoving, staring at them boredly, as if this happened every time.

"It's not Perlop, you absolute dung brain," Harry exclaimed. "Give it here!"

"As if you could read the absolute chicken scrawl your Head of House calls a note," Malfoy sneered, handing it to him without reluctance this time.

Harry looked carefully at the letters looping together, furrowing his eyebrows. "Hey, it kind of looks like Merlin!"

At his words, the portrait door swung open, and Harry stuck out his tongue at Draco. "Ha!"

"Whatever, Potter, you have those glasses to help you see!" Draco said, trying not to pout.

"You know the glasses mean I have worse eyesight than you, right?" Harry said. "Unless you need to visit the eye doctor, Malfoy."

They entered the room to find there was a small sitting area with a fireplace, with a bed on the left side of the room, and a door leading to the bathroom next to it.

"Right, I forgot to ask," Harry said. "How will we use the bathroom?"

Malfoy blanched. "I suppose one of us could cover our eyes?"

"Yes, but I don't think I can trust you to cover your eyes," Harry said, narrowing his eyes. Malfoy choked.

"Sorry, Potter, you think I want to see you naked?" he snorted. "I wouldn't wish that on the Dark Lord himself; no one needs that image burned into his mind."