Blonde Boy

A/N filler really but it introduces someone who's pretty important

Jack felt great. He didn't have Katherine dragging him down anymore. He didn't have the constant stress of her finding him or texting him about who knows what. Wait until Crutchie heard about it, he would probably throw a party. Now just left the burning question, did Jack like Davey? He broke up with Katherine because of Davey. He got butterflies whenever he curled up next to him, or when he hugged him. His heart shattered into a million pieces when he saw Davey like that. So the answer to that question was indeed, yes. But did Davey like him? It didn't seem like he did. Maybe in the beginning, but now whenever Jack smirked he didn't blush, or when they bumped shoulders while walking he didn't pay any mind to it.

Davey hadn't let go of his stomach the whole walk to the coffee shop. They were about halfway there. It was chilly out and the wind didn't exactly help, blowing directly in their faces. Not much conversation was exchanged, Jack wasn't going to push anything either. Davey looked drained and tired so he probably wasn't up for conversation.

The same cozy cafe was now decorated for Halloween as they approached October 31st, the holiday just 11 days away. There was quite a long line given how unpopulated the cafe usually was. Jack had no idea what was going through his mind when he took Davey's arm away from his stomach and held his hand. It was his way of telling Davey he had nothing to worry about. The kid was basically perfect. Jack would kill to have anything Davey had. The brain, the smile, the hair, the eyes. The list goes on.

When Davey let go of Jack's hand suddenly, he wasn't going to lie, it kind of hurt. He wished it could be normal. God what was happening to him?

"Hey Kelly!" Jack snapped out of his thoughts when Race called to him from behind the counter.

"Hey Racer." he stepped to the side to talk to the blonde, motioning for Davey to follow. Davey stayed close to Jack which made his stomach erupt in butterflies. Jack and Race spit shook. Something they had been doing since middle school.

"That's disgusting." Davey made a face. Jack just laughed.

"So whats knew?" Race raised an eyebrow.
"New friend and single as of 5 minutes ago. Race this is Dav-"

"Wait you finally dumped her?" Race cut in, smiling like an idiot.

Jack rolled his eyes, why everyone thought Katherine was that bad for this long was beyond him. "Yeah. It felt good though. Shes not all over me anymore. Anyway so this is-"

"I know! God she was so annoying. Shes an attention whore I don't know what the hell you saw in her but there was something for maybe a week, how long have you two been together, like 3 years?" Race rambled, washing his hands. Jack just waited it out.

Davey laughed a little, sticking his hand out to introduce himself. "David."

Race shook it, the same huge smile on his face "Racetrack Higgins at your service."

Davey laughed again. His laugh too. Jack loved it. It was quiet and gentle, but the prettiest most genuine thing hes ever heard.

"So David, whatcha major in?"
"English."

Jack listened to the two as Race interrogated him. He still needed to know what Davey's first choice as a major was. Race was like a brother to Jack, right there with Crutchie. He would probably be dead if it weren't for those two.

"Well what can I get ya?" Race was finally done talking to Davey and walked to the cash register.

"Dave gets black. Annnnnnd.....surprise me." Jack smiled.

Race nodded, quickly making Davey's coffee ad then working on Jack's.

"In my opinion he's the best guy here." Jack spoke up, watching Race work. He ditched his dark green apron a while ago, Race was always complaining about how long and stiff they were.

"This coffee is really good." Davey took another sip.

Race gave Jack a coffee. "Peppermint mocha." He lowered his voice to a whisper "But don't tell Al I'm already using the peppermint."

Jack laughed, sipping his coffee. "See ya around, Jack."
"Bye Race."

"He's quite the character." Davey said, once they were outside.

"He's been like a brother since elementary school. I think you two would get along." Jack beamed.

Davey hummed, taking a sip of his coffee. "You think so?"

Jack nodded "He's a smart kid. But when it comes to common sense he has zero."

Davey laughed again. "Are we walking all the way to McDonalds?"

"You think Im gonna make you walk all the way to McDonalds?"
"It's a possibility!"
"C'mon Dave even I cant walk that far."

Davey genuinely laughed and Jack's heart soared. It wasn't his quiet one but still just as genuine. His shoulders shook and he put a hand over his mouth. Jack smiled wide.

"Sorry sorry."
"For what?"
"Laughing so hard at nothing."
"That's the best kind of laugh."
"Is it now?"