Chapter 2: Welcome to the Happy Hotel!

Charlie slumps to the floor, leaning against the door. A tear rolls down her cheek, which she wipes away. A sigh escapes her as she returns to her feet. That's when she hears knocking on the door. She turns back to the door, eyes wide. Her hands reaches out, contemplating on if she should open the door or not. She takes a deep breath, wrapping her hand around the door knob. She straightens her posture, pulling the door open. Her eyes nearly pop out of her head as before her is the infamous duo of the Radio Demon and the Reaper.

"Hel-" Alastor begins before Charlie slams the door, cutting him off. A million thoughts run through her mind in a very short amount of time. Why are the Radio Demon and the Reaper here? What do they want? She looks off to her side, briefly catching sight of Vaggie and Angel Dust in the next room.

She opens the door again. "-lo!" She slams the door again as Alastor finishes his sentence. He looks towards Jake. "Quite the feisty one, isn't she?"

Jake smirks under his mask. "You would be too if Hell's most feared overlord showed up at your doorstep." Alastor let's out a laugh, turning back to the door.

They wait for another minute when Charlie opens the door, Jake catching sight of Vaggie behind her. "May I speak now?" Alastor asks, leaning in slightly.

"You may," Charlie says, nodding sightly.

Alastor reaches his hand out. "Alastor! Pleasure to be meeting you, sweetheart!" Alastor pulls Charlie towards him slightly before letting himself in. "Quite a pleasure! Excuse my sudden visit, but I saw your fiasco on a picture show and I just couldn't resist! What a performance! Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929!" Alastor laughs while fiddling with his staff. "So many orphans." Meanwhile, Jake has let himself in, closing the door behind him, making sure to stay quiet in the back.

Vaggie steps up to Alastor, pointing her spear at his chest. "Stop right there! Cabrón hijo de perra, I know your game and I'm not gonna let you hurt anyone here, you pompous, cheesy talkshow shitlord!" She then turns her attention to Jake. "You neither you mask-wearing, scarred bitchboy!"

Jake steps up, pushing the spear down. "Believe me, deary," he says, the voice changer in his mask doing its job in making his voice much deeper. "If we wanted to hurt anyone here," Jake points at Alastor as they both go into their full demon mode. "We would've done so already." The pair remain like that for a few seconds before they snap out of it. "No, we're here because we want to help."

Charlie looks to them with a confused look. "Say what now?"

Alastor chuckles, "Help! Hahaha, hello? Is this thing on?" Alastor starts tapping on his mic staff. "Testing, testing!"

The mic than opens its eye, before saying, "Well I heard you loud and clear!"

"Um, you want to help? With...?" Charlie asks looking up at the pair of demons.

Alastor then teleports behind Charlie. "This ridiculous thing you're trying to do! This hotel! I want to help you run it," he explains.

"But, why?" Charlie asks, looking confused. Alastor lets out a laugh.

"Why does anyone do anything? Sheer, absolute boredom! I've lacked inspiration for decades. My work became mundane, lacking focus, aimless," Alastor says, shoving Vaggie away, causing Jake to growl slightly. "I've come to crave a new form of entertainment!" Alastor laughs again.

"Does getting into a fistfight with a reporter count as entertainment?" Charlie asks sheepishly, holding her arm.

Alastor laughs again. "It's the purest kind my dear: Reality! True passion! After all, the world is a stage and the stage is a world of entertainment!"