DreamReVerse Brief History

The story of Millennium is old, very old. Before Dream or Nightmare were ever born, there was a generation of Dreamwalkers. Monsters or humans with the abilities to transcend into the dreaming world. They were feared, for they could turn your deepest and darkest nightmares into a reality. Or....they could turn your beautiful dreams into a lovely reality. Often times these Dreamwalkers were hunted down and used in warfare or political gain in the ever struggling hierarchy of this broken world.

This broken world with all these flawed codes, is called Millennium. Or, in the time of the Dreamwalkers, Imperium.

Imperium was war-torn, a wasteland of nothing but ashen snow and crimson skies. In this time, many millions of years ago, there were no kingdoms nor were there any kings or queens. Everyone was out for themselves and it was kill or be killed.

Until the birth and rise of a Dreamwalker named Euphoria. He was the leader of the first ever golden age of Imperium. Using his powers of of dreamwalking, he made beautiful dreams come to life,fixing this broken world into a lush and plentiful paradise. Loved by many he brought about peace.

When Euphoria was crowned the first king of Imperium, he met another Dreamwalker who shared his ideals of a prosperous world where no one had to fight or kill. She was named Visualized.

It wasn't long before they started working together to mend the hate between the masses and through doing this Euphoria and Visualized fell in love and became the true first royal couple.

Through their love and the dreams they brought to life, they were considered gods –even among their own kind. Euphoria and Visualized had four children,Desire, Reverie, Chimera and Conjure. The first few years of their life was great, they were loved and they loved back. As a gift to unite all of Imperium and bring their true peace, they planted the Tree of Feelings where it would stand for the years to come as a symbol of harmony of all of the newly named Millennium.

However, this peace was not to last...for Chimera grew jealous and spiteful of this harmonious world. No one knows why, but it is assumed that she was influenced by a darkness unseen that was perhaps the cause of the downfall of Imperium when the world was wrapped in ashen snow.

Chimera's sisters fought her and before they perished, they sent a small piece of their souls into The Tree of Feelings so they may live and guide their generations onto the right path, so no one would make the same mistake as they did.

This fight between four Dreamwalkers was devastating but Millennium recovered in the next few years. Over time though, Dreamwalkers began to fade, for their powers weren't needed anymore. No one knew why they disappeared or how they even came about. Maybe because this darkness that had once plagued Imperium birthed the Dreamwalkers? And once this darkness was seemingly gone they were no longer needed and thus slowly faded.

The only Dreamwalkers to remain were the royal families, for their powers were connected to the four souls in The Tree of Feelings.

When the time of High King Phantasm and High Queen Daydream came, the time of the Dreamwalkers was over, but the power still lingers. But the darkness was not yet finished with this world, it attacked without warning and none were prepared. Lives were lost and it seemed like Millennium would suffer the same fate as the era before it.

But King Phantasm wasn't done. He would not give up on his kingdoms and with his last breath he ate one of the Negativity apples and became corrupted. A walking nightmare and he pushed back the darkness. Though in exchange for this power, his true self perished and Queen Daydream sealed them within the Tree of Feelings, the last of the Dreamwalkers were no more.

However, when a few hundred years passed, and no new High Kings were chosen and the kingdoms becoming greedy and selfish and willing to use any means to get what they wanted, the birth of a baby boy brought shock yet joy to everyone around. Finally, after all these years they had an heir to the High Throne of Millennium!

He was named Dream after his late mother, considered the angel that brought an end to the darkness and born from the golden positive apples.

10 years later a second was born from the tree. Birthed from the negative apples, he was named Nightmare.

The many spirits inside the Tree of Feelings may have been forgotten but they were there.

When Nightmare had his accident by the tree after it had been moved to the courtyard of the Palace, one spirit took advantage of this gateway and entered the body of the small boy, giving him the blue marks on the right side of his face. This also caused him to get amnesia and so he forgot the last 100 years of his life.

Due to an ancient spirit entering his body, his magic attacked everything and everyone around him for a month and when it died down he was released from infirmary confinement. The only one he remembered was Dream.

Unbeknownst to all,Dream and Nightmare are the first of a new generation of Dreamwalkers, their powers not yet risen for the darkness has yet to make a new move.

Conflict came between the brothers when all of Millennium decided to go against tradition and named Nightmare the new Heir, realizing they could easily manipulate him as he was a true pacifist and wouldn't fightback. Dream came to loathe his brother and was more easily swayed by the darkness that burrowed deep inside him, becoming a harbinger of the same ancient darkness that took the lives of many Dreamwalkers and others alike and brought a near eternal ashen snow.

If not tamed, then a second ashen era was sure to befall all of Millennium, just like the Era of Imerium....