Kaiju Bane

Pacific Ocean, Miracle Mile, 5 miles off the coast of Hawaii...

*THUMP* *SMASH* *ROAR* *SCREECH* *SMASH* *SMASH* SMA-CRACK*

The Kaiju, resembling some sort of humanoid crocodile, stumbles back as its head snaps back from an uppercut. Standing across from it is a metal behemoth of equal size to the Kaiju. The ocean tosses and turns but the two titans stand undeterred by the rough seas. Thunder booms and crackles overhead.

The Jaeger, named Azure Blade, raises his fists. His azure blue paint job is faded from constant battle and the golden accents are dull. He had been fighting for almost an hour now. The Kaiju before him has been the sixth he's fought, though this last batch seems to be much less powerful than normal. Only ranking as a category II at most. It's assumed that these Kaiju have been hiding since the Breach was closed and are only attacking now because of their large numbers.

*ROAR*

The crocodile Kaiju charges with its claws outstretched and jaws open wide to crush down on Azure. The experimental Jaeger raises his right arm, the railgun attached to the bottom of his arm extending and charging up.

*wum* *wum* *wum* *wumwumwumwum-BAM*

The shell fires from the railgun at high velocity and slams into the chest of the rapidly closing Kaiju. The Kaiju lurches backwards as the round goes through it, bursting out of the monster's back and landing far off in the ocean. Azure closes the distance, the railgun under his left arm charging up as he shoves the barrel under the Kaiju's jaw.

*BAM*

The back of the Kaiju's head explodes as the shell exits, effectively killing the monster. Azure steps back, as the carcass falls backward, and waits for the next one. He doesn't wait long as something appears on his radar. Azure turns, but isn't fast enough as a Kaiju resembling some sort of reptilian dog bursts from the water and tackles the Jaeger from behind.

The beast latches onto Azure's back, clawing and digging its claws into the Jaeger's back. It bites down on Azure's right shoulder, tearing into the Jaeger. Azure stumbles, retracting his railguns as his left arm crosses his chest and punches the Kaiju in the face. 

*SMASH* *SMASH* TEAR* *SMASH* *SCREECH* *ROAR* *SMASH* *CRUNCH*

Azure ceases his punching and flexes his left hand, which begins to crackle with electricity, the experimental reactor in his chest speeds up. Azure slams his electrified metal fist into the Kaiju's face.

*CRACKLE-SMASH* *ROAR*

The Kaiju releases its grip on Azure as it falls off his back, stunned by the thousands of volts of electricity running through it. Azure turns and raises his fists, both now electrified, over his head as he stares down at the slowly rising Kaiju. The Jaeger brings both fists down on the behemoth's head.

*WOOSH-CRASH* *CRACK*

The beast falls back into the waters of the Pacific Ocean, never to rise again. Azure picks up three more signatures and turns as three more Kaiju emerge. The one to Azure's left looks similar to the category III Kaiju Knifehead, though a bit smaller in size. The one to the Jaeger's left looks similar to the crocodile Kaiju from before. And the Kaiju directly in front of Azure looks vaguely humanoid with a shark-like head and its arms ending in blades of bone. Azure looks between the Kaiju and reaches over his right shoulder with his right hand, his fingers wrapping around the handle of a sword. The clamps holding the weapon down unlock and Azure draws his longsword, electricity running down the blade.

*RUMBLE* *CRACKLE-ZAP*

Thunder booms as a bolt of lightning strikes Azure's sword. The lightning travels down the blade and is absorbed into Azure, the power going to the reactor at his core. Azure's frame shudders at the massive overload of power.

Azure's internal battle computers go into overtime, quickly informing the Jaeger that this unintentional power boost is a blessing and a curse. While Azure now has basically unlimited power, within the next ten minutes his reactor will overcharge and blow up, thus releasing all of the stored power and frying anything within a mile of Azure's location including the Jaeger. Azure doesn't care, though. His only goal is to kill the Kaiju. Said Kaiju are rapidly closing in on the Jaeger.

With metal groaning from moving at speeds it shouldn't be able to, Azure closes the distance with his sword raised overhead. He brings it down on the humanoid Kaiju, cutting a deep slash into its chest. The other Kaiju descend on him. The crocodile bites down on Azure's leg with a crunch, slowly crushing the metal. Meanwhile, Knifehead Jr. draws gashes in Azure's armor with its claws.

The next few minutes are a blur of metal on flesh, beastial roars, screeching steel, and crackling electricity. Azure moves fast, slashing deep gashes into the Kaiju and pummeling them with fists of electrified metal. The Kaiju respond with tearing into Azure, ripping into him at every angle.

Eventually, the Kaiju manage to partially subdue the Jaeger. The crocodile Kaiju traps Azure's left arm in its jaws and the humanoid Kaiju digs its blade-like protrusions into the Jaeger's right side. Knifehead Jr., meanwhile, ends up behind Azure and lunges, piercing the Jaeger from behind with the large blade that extends from the Kaiju's head. If he could, Azure would have screamed as the bony horn runs him through, erupting out of his chest. As that happens, the Kaiju inadvertently damages Azure's reactor, enough to which it unleashes all its stored electricity moments later.

*CRACKLE-BOOM*

Azure never believed that in one's final moments their life flashes before their eyes, but time suddenly seemed to slow down and the fury of battle is replaced by an overwhelming calm. Azure realizes that this is indeed the end, but he does not fear his death. So, as his reactor releases its stored energy. As the Kaiju all roar in pain as billions of volts of electricity rattle their bones. As Azure feels the mind numbing pain of all his inner workings being fried. He internally smiles, knowing he has served his purpose.

*ZAP*

And with that, Azure Blade is gone. The only remnants of his epic final struggle being the ten charred and mutilated Kaiju corpses sinking beneath the waves of the Pacific.