Year 2

Harry resisted slamming his head on the desk as the idiot know as Gilderoy Lockheart pranced around the classroom, talking about how he had bravely killed a vampire with just a spoon.

Harry almost snorted at the thought, he was lucky Harry hadn't already murder him out of pure boredom.

Lockheart hadn't been informed about the Cullens dietary requirements per their requests.

Honestly Harry had opened one of his books and known enough.

This man was an idiot.

Besides, a spoon?

'There's only one way to kill a vampire' Harry thought grumpily 'rip it apart limb by limb and burn the pieces...'

Shaking himself from his vile thoughts Harry tried to focus on the lesson before him.

—————

Harry raced down the hall, intent on finding Carlisle.

He had smelt it...a mighty beast.

Squidding to a stop outside the staff room he knocked on the door.

Once he was granted permission to enter he got right to the point "there's a basilisks in school"

Minerva chocked on her tea in shock "what..."

"I smelt it" was Harry's simple reply

Everyone turned to Carlisle who appeared deep in thought "so that's what that smell was..." he mused before snapping back to the present and clapping his hands together excitedly "let's go kill it"

None of the teachers spoke as Carlisle and Harry left for their latest hunting trip.

—————

The rest of the year passed very quickly, there was a bit of trouble with Ron's sister and a diary but that sorted itself out.

However that wasn't what was worrying Harry.

When he had gotten of the quidditch pitch after his last game he had accidentally brushed fingers with Katie bell.

And that's when he felt it.

The shiver that ran up his arm was proof.

And he knew she had felt it to by the way her eyes widened with shock and confusion.

She didn't know what it meant.

But Harry did.

He had found his mate.

And she was a human...

—————

Harry approached Katie on the train.

Ignoring the mass of giggling females in the compartment his eye fell upon the girl in front of him.

He felt a pull he'd never felt before, it was almost like her very presence calmed him.

"Can I speak to you Katie?"

Katie was confused.

She had felt a fondness for Harry Potter ever since she had met him, that fondness had quickly progressed into a crush.

It didn't help that she could barely keep her mind of him after the weird incident on the quidditch pitch.

Nodding shyly she followed him out of the compartment and into a secluded corner.

Harry raked a hand through his hair and couldn't help the smug smirk that spread across his too perfect face when Katie's eyes followed the movement "I need to tell you something..."

—————

Katie has never been more confused in her life.

Harry Potter was a vampire.

She knew she should be scared.

But she wasn't.

She desired him.

And she was his mate.

Despite not knowing much about vampires she had read up on their lifestyles whilst in care of magical creatures and that included their mates.

A mate was like a soulmate only more powerful, a bond that could never be broken.

Another half of you, a piece of the puzzle you didn't know was missing until you found the empty hole where it should fit.

And Katie had found that hole.

But she had a way to fill it.

With that thought in mind she leaned up and pressed her lips gently to his, her knees weakening as his tongue swept into her mouth deliciously.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Please read some of my other stories...

Hp stories:

*the eldest black brother
*Alula Black ( a Harry Potter love story) -complete
*a jealous Sirius is a scary Sirius
*Famous in both worlds
*is there more to the story -complete
*wolfstar apart-complete
*wolfstar discovered-complete
*Harry's Slytherin queen-complete
*The Order finds out about Harmony-complete
*Hogwarts reads Alula Black
*Reading the eldest Black brother
*Alula Black (Harry potter love story) one shots
These are all found on my profile.

Please review...