In the Past

*5 years ago*
~You~
You knew that you failed your part of the mission. Hopefully Tony was able to hack into hydra's system. You were captured. You were either going to get killed or tortured. Currently blind folded you are guided around and you can't help but think of Nat. Oh baby I'm so sorry, you think. You can't help thinking how this is going to damage Nat. You would probably die if Natasha was out of your life for too long. So how would she feel never seeing you return from the mission?

Some words are exchanged in a language you don't understand then your shoved from behind. A metal door by the sound of it gets shut and locked. Pushed into a chair your hands are forced behind and then tied up. The blind fold is removed and you see a guy with shaggy hair and a stubbly face glaring at you. "Wha-" you start but you get punched in the jaw so hard you think it's dislocated. "Why you here," the guy's deep croaky voice asked you. Staring at him you keep your mouth shut. "Answer now," he commands but still you won't reveal anything that could harm the others. "Hmmm," the guy started thinking deeply. He starts wandering and you think, oh great the torture. You close your eyes preparing for it. Something is shoved into your mouth, rubber. You feel something on either side of your head.

Hearing the energy before you feel it, it all hits you like a train and you let out a blood chilling scream. The power shuts off and he asks again "what were you doing here." You glare at him while you pant. He smiles wickedly and surges the power again. This time it brings more pain and you scream louder.

Weeks and weeks of this and you would probably die from the energy. You felt like you were losing yourself. Hydra were taking over you. They didn't care to look after you though, they shaved all your hair off one day and you were only fed scraps. Your ribs and spine were poking through the skin and you sat slumped in the torture chair. Each day only 5 minutes was allowed out. The toilet break that's it.

Over a few months have passed and you didn't feel normal any more. Stone cold, heartless. You had one last thought of Natasha before she was never thought of again. The torture didn't hurt as much and you couldn't think straight.

*1 year after the mission*
You were let out of the chair. Your mind, completely blank of thoughts. A guy in uniform came over with a red book with a star on it. You cocked your head sideways kind of curious as to what was in it. He opened the books and started speaking, "Longing, rusted," these words ticked something in your mind and you stood at attention. "furnace, daybreak, seventeen, benign, nine, homecoming, one, freight car." The guy finished and you stood stock still. "Alright, we have a task for you." You stood there listening. He told you that there was this spy that needed quietening. A massive gun was put into your arms and a mask covered your face. And you were sent on your way.

It was too easy, and it was disappointing it was over quickly. You returned to hyrda ready for you next assignment. The next assignment was to watch Bucky Barnes, their old recruit. The name triggered something in the back of your mind but it was quickly forgotten.

Sitting on top of a building in New York you watched Avengers Tower. Your mask could zoom in on the inside and you saw plenty of people. A red head with her hair tied in a loose braid staring into space. Something stirred in your heart but you dismissed the feeling. Finally you layed eyes on Bucky. He was laughing with someone else, a blonde. Using your technology you wired into their conversation. But it was all nonsense so you again returned feeling only disappointment.

AN: this chapter is fairly short and I apologise for that, I hope you've been enjoying the story so far and I hope you enjoy the rest of it too.