Over again

Three pairs of eyes stared at him as soon as Harry left the room.
"What the hell did you do?" Niall asked.

"Why did you break up with him?" Liam asked.

"What's wrong with you mate? You love him!" Zayn said.

He had already started to regret his stupid decision to break up with Harry. It had been a moment of weakness. But he was also too proud and too stubborn to admit that out loud. He crossed his arms over his chest and got defensive.
"I don't remember the three of you being a part of our relationship. I needed a break. It's too fucking hard. We fight all the time over Modest stupid stunts. Did you know that Harry has a new girlfriend soon? Taylor Swift!" He growled.

"But none of that is real! Why are you fighting over stunts?" Niall asked.

"We both get jealous." Louis muttered.

"Over what? It's meaningless shit. You're both gay for fucks sake. It's not like either of you will fall for your fake girlfriends." Zayn answered.

He had a point. That just pissed Louis off.
"Great, take his side. I need new friends." He muttered.

"We're not taking sides Louis but Harry is miserable. You destroyed him." Niall answered.

That only made him feel even worse than he already did. There was no way Harry would ever forgive him. Louis could feel tears starting to pool in his eyes and ran off. He drove home to an empty house. It didn't feel like a home anymore when Harry wasn't there. He needed to get away. He needed to drink.

He called his friend Stan back in Doncaster but he was busy and it was a couple of hours' drive to London anyway so it was kind of pointless. He then called the only one he could think of, Ed Sheeran. They had hung out with him a lot after he wrote Little things for them. Ed was in London and he was free. They decided to meet up at a pub. Louis called his bodyguard after that.

He arrived at the pub an hour later and Ed was already waiting for him.
"Hi mate, where's Harry?" Ed smiled.

Louis's heart sank in his chest.
"I did something stupid."

He told Ed all about it over a beer. When he was done rambling about how much he had fucked up and how much he regretted it Ed squeezed his shoulder.
"I'm sorry mate."

"Yeah, what can I do to fix it?" Louis sighed.

"Try and talk to him." Ed answered.

"I really hurt him. I don't think he will listen to what I have to say." Louis said, close to tears.

"That sucks. I don't know, write him a song?" Ed suggested.

"I don't think I could get it down on paper. I'm too inexperienced." Louis muttered.

"I can write it." Ed offered and pulled out a notebook and a pen. "Tell me what you want to say to him, but I guess I have to write her, otherwise your label will never accept it."

A week went by. They recorded I would. Harry wouldn't talk to him. He had tried so many times but Harry just walked away.

Then Ed showed up.
"Ed! What are you doing here mate?" Liam asked.

Ed looked over at Louis and winked.
"I wrote a new song for you guys. A very good friend asked me to help him write how he feels about a special person in his life."

Harry looked up at him in surprise and then he turned to Louis and looked at him instead.
"This one is for you Harry." Louis said softly.

Harry seemed to be thinking about leaving but instead, he sighed and looked down at the floor. Ed grabbed a guitar and sat down.
"I'll sing it for you."

Said I’d never leave her 'cause her hands fit like my t-shirt
Tongue-tied over three words, cursed
Running over thoughts that make my feet hurt
Bodies intertwined with her lips
Now she’s feeling so low since she went solo
Hole in the middle of my heart like a Polo
And it’s no joke to me
So can we do it all over again?

If you’re pretending from the start like this with a tight grip
Then my kiss can mend your broken heart
I might miss everything you said to me
And I can lend you broken parts that might fit like this
And I will give you all my heart
So we can start it all over again

Again we take the same road
Two days in the same clothes
And I know just what she’ll say if I can make all this pain go
Can we stop this for a minute?
You know, I can tell that your heart isn’t in it or with it
Tell me with your mind, body and spirit
I can make your tears fall down like the showers that are British
Whether we’re together or apart
We can both remove the masks and admit we regret it from the start

If you’re pretending from the start like this with a tight grip
Then my kiss can mend your broken heart
I might miss everything you said to me
And I can lend you broken parts that might fit like this
And I will give you all my heart
So we can start it all over again

You’ll never know how to make it on your own
And you’ll never show weakness for letting go
I guess it's still hard if the seed's sown
But do you really want to be alone?
If you’re pretending from the start like this
With a tight grip, then my kiss
Can mend your broken heart
I might miss everything you said to me

And I can lend you broken parts
That might fit like this
And I will give you all my heart
(All my heart)
So we can start it all over again
If you’re pretending from the start like this with a tight grip
(If you're pretending from the start, yeah)
Then my kiss can mend your broken heart
I might miss everything you said to me
And I can lend you broken parts that might fit like this
And I will give you all my heart
So we can start it all over again

The room was dead silent when Ed stopped singing. Louis walked over to Harry.
"I'm so sorry baby. I was wrong and stupid and weak. I shouldn't have asked us to take a break. I love you. Will you give me a second chance?" He asked in a low voice.

Harry looked up at him with teary eyes and then he got up and bolted out of the room without a word.

"I'll make sure he's okay." Niall said and went after him.

Louis couldn't stop the tears from falling. He had destroyed everything.