EIGHT

{A/N: Just a heads up this chapter contains two episodes}

When Violet had turned up to Caroline's house the night before, mumbling something about a bad day, Caroline had been more than happy to invite Violet in

Violet and Caroline spent the entire night talking, watching movies and getting what Caroline called the 'Totally Epic Teenage Experience.', something Caroline claimed Violet didn't get growing up in Medieval Europe. It made for an excellent distraction from the whole Katherine crisis.

"Are you sure you have to go to school," Violet whines, "You can compel the teachers to mark you present and then you can leave."

Caroline just laughs, fixing up her makeup in the mirror, "As fun as last night was, I need to go to school. You see there's this thing, it's called attendance. And I kind of need a good one to pass."

"You do realise that you can compel people to do what you want right? That includes making them give you straight A's."

"That would be cheating."

"It would be helping."

"Seriously Violet?"

Violet huffs, "Fine then. Just ditch me." She falls dramatically back down onto the bed, making Caroline giggle.

*

Violet has been avoiding everyone (apart from Caroline) for hours. She's sure Elena's spilled the beans to everyone about her relation to Katherine, and she doesn't want to stick around for their reactions.

She had compelled herself a hotel room just out of town, close enough to go back if need be but far away enough for her liking. Briefly, she considers visiting Katherine to yell at her for what she said, but ultimately decides against it.

She sits on the bed, watching old reruns of Gossip Girl, eating ice cream that has blood drizzled over it like sauce.

On the table next to the bed, her phone is beeping like crazy. Eventually she decides to stop sulking and checks the message from her phone.

STEFAN SALVATORE 💘
Elena told us
it's okay
I don't know where you are but we really need your help at the tomb

VIOLET PEARSON
I'm sorry I didn't tell you

STEFAN SALVATORE 💘
its okay don't worry

VIOLET PEARSON
I'm coming now

*

Violet's totally-definitely-not-terrible-at-all's time management has once again made her late, like ridiculously late. She's not even sure how she did it, but she's now half an hour late.