10 : 𝖦𝗎𝗂𝗅𝗍 𝖳𝗋𝗂𝗉

[⚾]

[Y/N's POV]

"Good morning, Y/N!"

"You look good today."

"Oh gee, I love your hair clip!"

"Is that a new bag? It looks fancy!"

"Hey, Y/N!"

Ah, is this what it feels like to be rich? Being surrounded with kids, trying to get your attention? It's been barely a week since I got back to school yet people were quick to absorb the news of me dramatically rising from the shabs to luxury. Now, they want me. They used to make fun of me, but now they want me.

"Y/N!" One of the girls in our class ran to me. "Do you mind eating lunch with us?"

"I'm grabbing lunch at Tiffany's, I'm sorry."

Flashing a fake smile, I felt satisfaction upon seeing her face crumble apart. I may have gone rich but that doesn't mean I'd be stupid to befriend everyone who used to step on me. They only love me because of the money.

I sat on my chair, eyes lazed on my phone. Taehyun's seat was empty. But it would be better to keep it that way. Peace at last.

However..

"Good morning."

"What do you want?"

Taehyun smirked down as he just entered the class. He propped next to me and placed his feet on the desk. I chose not to care.

"You're not greeting me back, L/N?"

I raised a brow, scrolling through my phone. I felt him shift and his strong perfume wafted into my nostrils as he leaned closer. I scooted away.

"You hate me, don't you?"

"Oh, no." I faced him. "Hate doesn't justify enough these grudge that I've been holding against you for so long. I want you to trip over a knife, drown in sea water, and be food to sharks until they poo your crushed bones and fertile the sea floor."

He put a hand on his chest. "I'm hurt." He smiled.

"I'm glad."

"It's dodgeball later for PE."

"So?"

He smirked. "If you really are a brave girl, then put on a show for me."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Afternoon. Everyone in the class were in the gymnasium. I just finished changing into PE shorts and a white tee when I barged in, tying my hair. A few guys whistled and the girls surrounded me. My eyes wandered around, looking for Taehyun and there he was, tossing a ball in the air. He was in his jogging pants and black shirt, forehead concealed under a black bandana. His eyes met mine yet I was quick to look away. Just in, Mr. Park, the PE teacher, entered the scene.

"Alright, separate in two groups now. It's boys vs girls."

We girls grunted as the boys rejoiced. Clearly, this was unfair. The boys went in first with the ball and all girls were huddled in the middle. I was at the center and the ball was in Taehyun's hands. As soon as Mr. Park blew his whistle, Taehyun, with all his might, aimed and threw his ball towards me at sonic speed. I quickly dodged and ran to the other side. More balls fired, alternating from both sides of their team and before I knew it, my team shed members in just a blink of an eye.