PROLOGUE 2

Alice look at her surrounding before smiling widely.

"I'm back!"

She ran to her house and she could already imagine her mother sitting with cookies and hot tea waiting for her.

She arrived and push the door opened,

"Mother, I'm home!"

But, the thing she saw is absolutely terrifying.

Her mother.. is lying on her bed. She didn't move, didn't open her eyes. Her skin is as white as snow.

No reaction at all.

Alice couldn't believe it. Her mind suddenly was hit by a terrifying thoughts. What if...

"No..no.. Mother is not dead. She's just pranking me because I'm late."

She chanted the words to herself as she slowly getting close to her mother.
She took her mother in her embrace.

"Mother..."
She called softly.

"...I'm here now. Please open your eyes. I promise I will stay with you now. I'll be here to care for you, brushing your hair, a-and I'll dress myself properly. Just like you wanted. So, please. Open your eyes.. I miss you.. " she try to calm herself down but sadly to no avail.

Her mother was as cold as ice, so different from the moment before she went to Wonderland. Her mother was full of warmth.

But now?

Alice could only blame herself.

" I'm so stupid! Why did I left you alone for things that I don't need?!"

Alice's cries could be heard from outside.

And so, someone come to the door, and  she could recognise him. It's Hamish.

"Hey, Alice. I suppose you're back."
He look at my mother before looking at me with pity.

"Condolences for you, Alice. Your mother have been waiting for your return since you left five years ago. I guess she couldn't wait any longer. She's getting more sicker each year when you didn't return. Y-you know what? I better get someone to help."

He said before went out of the house.

With that, Alice cries harder.

" Mom.... I'm sorry, I'm such a selfish daughter by leaving you here. It's all my fault... "

______________________________________

It's been a year since her mother left her.

Alice never went out of the house. Instead, she locked herself up in a room and always laying on the cold floor, weeping for her mother.

She didn't have the energy to do anything.

Luckily, Hamish's wife always take a visit to feed her.

Alice's door was knocked.

"Alice.. It's okay. It's not your fault. You have been locking yourself for a whole year.. It's time to come out.." Hamish tried to talk to her.

Alice look at the door, not knowing that she had the craze look in her eyes.

All she knows that her mother is dead and it's all because of her decision to stay.