-11-

Something was off.

He's sure of it.

Ever since he had woken up from that surgery, all of his friends had acted weird.

Or if they, as he assumed, were his friends.

He get that it's not everyday your friend wakes up with literally no memories of you, but still, he knew something wasn't right.

Junho could see it in Yohan's eyes, Dohyon's constantly nervous mumbling, even Eunsang seemed to avoid his gaze despite the two of them practically living together.

The brunette had suggested he'd move out once a while ago and Eunsang had stopped as fast as he heard those words, eyes widening in horror. The red haired boy almost had a panic attack if it hadn't been for him hugging his best friend and slowly singing a lullaby, praying it would help.

It did and neither of them ever talked about it again.

He didn't bring up the matter anymore, either.

Junho was pretty sure then that something was wrong. Especially with Minhee asking him of he was alright all the time, his friends seemingly never really relaxed in his presence, eyes dark with something he couldn't decipher.

Perhaps it was sadness. Perhaps it was longing or anger or even guilt?

He didn't know.

The brunette did feel guilty, though. He could still remember their faces the day he woke up, how they reacted upon him not having a single memory left of them.

It saddens him too. Junho feels like he's lost so much, but on the same time his shoulders seemed lighter, almost as if he had been bearing some kind of heavy secret before. All of this was just so confusing.

He had expected his memories to come back, but a year had soon passed with nothing coming to him at all. It only made him feel worse every time he looked at them.

Why the hell did he need to get into this car accident? Now it affected everyone around him, too.

Junho groaned quietly, hands cradling his head.

There must've been something he missed, right?

He was cruel for thinking that it felt weird to call Eunsang his best friend or even Yohan hyung his childhood friend. Junho couldn't remember anything.

They weren't complete strangers, though. All of them were great and they never pressured him or anything, but he could feel their gazes on him every time he turned around.

Maybe they were just mourning the memories they've lost. Maybe they were just very, very worried about him.

He felt bad for being such a burden.

Why would his amnesia be this difficult?

Please, just anything. A single moment, I don't even care if it's a special one.

I just want to remember.

And as usual, nothing happened.

The brunette sighed, his head hanging low as he tried to push away the frustration.

A full year.

A full year of nothing happening to his memories at all. His doctor told him not to stress about it, but how couldn't he?

He needed to know what happened. What could've hurt his friends like this?

Could he make it better?

It it required his memory back, then Junho would do anything to make them smile, really smile without that hollow, gleamy look in their eyes.