40. cousin bond

eyeing your phone, you reread the recent message.

izoomi
i'm waiting in the roof get tf over here before i eat yer food

honestly? you knew leaving would fuck up a bunch of people. 'specially izumi, it was very obvious his favorite cousin was you even after the constant annoying attitude.

the sneakers you wore pitter-pattered up the stairs.

you remember a few years ago. the majority of your family wanted to move to america, while you didn't want the change.

halfway up the stairs by now. one foot in front of the other.

it was easier for your parents to leave you with your aunt. they had two other kids to take care of, and plus it was hard for them to take you with when your aunt already agreed.

the door was in front of you now.

it's time to face izumi.

light flooded into the stairwell. the walk was over.

"oh? took you long enough."

there sat your fellow sena, two trays next to him and a phone in hand.

"yeah sorry about that.."

"..what's up? you aren't being annoying."

"are you saying you like me as annoying?"

"i mean it's better than awkward. so spill the tea already before i track down ritsu and throw him off this roof. and eat something too, i know your dumbass doesn't eat much in mornings."

"you're such a mom."

"and you're a stubborn girl who never talks about the important things. now just say what's bothering you."

"you make it sound so easy and yet i know for a fact you do the exact same thing."

"yeah well it's a sena thing i guess. better at giving advice than using it."

"precisely! now o wise advice giver, tell me how to express these worries to you."

"gimme a second to think and eat your god damn food."

"pft you don't need time to think."

"but you need food so shut the fuck up and stuff your face."

"fine, fine~"

*cue silence while y'all stuff your faces*

"so y'know how we have a few months until summer starts?"

"yeah why? you got plans?"

"sorta.."

"god just spit it out already. there isn't much time until lunch ends."

"alright. but you gotta promise you'll be fine with it."

"that's cringey and cliche, but sure."

"i'm moving to europe."

"..oh."

"i've got a scholarship to a college there, and i think i'm gonna take it."

"so in a few months after summer?"

"..no. in a few days. i don't know the language yet, so i'm moving early to get used to living there."

"well i mean it could be worse."

"how?"

"i get a lot of modeling jobs down there. i know the language, and i go visit about once a month."

"oH. i forgot about that, whoops."

"yeah. you can have the book i used to learn. y'know they use mostly english there now right? not french."

"wow i feel so dumb."

"accurate. you know a little english, right? i remember we took that class a few years back. not to mention visiting aunt and uncle down there."

"god i feel so stupid right now."

"yeah you should do more research if you're moving there pretty soon. how're you gonna travel."

"uhh i think it's a plane ride and then i take a train?? or the other way around i have no idea."

izumi facepalms.

"oh my fucking god how are we related. do you have a place to stay?"

"yep! an apartment i think."

"..can you cook?"

"uhm. you should know the answer to that. i do okay with recipes."

"god.. i'll have to buy you a recipe book then i guess."

"yeah, yeah stop playing mom."

"then what else are we supposed to talk about?"

"uh i don't know? every other goodbye i did ended with a hug but i mean i see you at home? there would be no point."

"yep. plus i wouldn't want to hug your dumbass either."

"uH excuse you i know you love me!"

"there's no proof."

"you worry over me like a mom, you don't have the guts to do anything other than bully me, you're tsundere, there was that one time where you had a nightmare as a kid like a pathetic bitch during our sleepover and woke me up, that time-"

"aLRIGHT STOP EXPOSING ME ILL GIVE YOU YOUR GOD DAMN HUG."

"YOURE SUPPOSED TO BE THE OLDER ONE WHYRE YOU YELLING LIKE AN IMMATURE BRAT?!"

"sAYS THE IMMATURE BRAT!"

"sAYS THE ONE YELLING."

"WERE BOTH YELLING YOU DUMBASS."

"SHUT UP AND GIVE ME A HUG."

"FINE. BUT THIS DOESNT MEAN YOU ARENT AN IMMATURE BRAT."

"THEN NO HUG."

"fUCK YOU."

"admit i'm not immature."

"i'm not a liar."

"humph! then no hug for you!"

"alright, bye."

he turns to leave.

"wAIT NO IZUMI I WAS KIDDING-"
————————————————-
807 words
y/n is ceo of pissing people off just to get angry hugs.
also skcvnskf the lolis and their christmas song stole my soul.