Chapter 1- 1194

"Crystal!" Marshall yelled my name.

"Yes?" I looked up from building a car.

"Mr. C would like to see you," he said calmly.

I nodded and kissed Bernard's cheek quickly. He blushed, pretending not to notice as I walked off. I rolled my eyes, smiling as I knocked on his office door. The doors opened and I curtsied to the boss himself.

"Crystal! I see Marshall fetched you," Mr. C said.

"Yes, sir. Do you need something to eat?" I asked in my most polite tone.

"No, actually. It concerns Christmas Eve," he frowned.

I started to grow worried. "Do we need to hurry production?" I questioned.

"No, no, not at all," he shook his head. "There are so many children this year around the world, and I might need a little help this year with getting the presents down the chimney."

"Do you need me to ask one of my elves for a volunteer?" I guessed.

"No, Crystal. I want you to come with me to deliver presents," he looked at me directly in the eye.

My eyes widened. "But, sir! Why me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Marshall needs to stay here and take care of the elves, and I have no choice but to go to my second-trusted elves," Mr. C explained.

"One of them being me?" I smiled.

"Yes. And your friend, Bernard. You two are on the top of my next heads. You're very devoted," he smiled.

"Thank you, sir. I look forward to joining you on Christmas Eve," I said, walking out of the room to leave him in peace.

"What did he want?" Bernard kissed the top of my head affectionately when I came back to my station.

"He wants me to help deliver presents. Marshall needs to stay here, so he wanted me to come with him," I explained with a smile.

"That's my girl," Bernard looked into my crystal blue eyes. "I'm happy for you. Just promise you'll be safe. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I'll be safe. I'll transform into my disguise, and I'll be okay," I assured him.

"I love you so much," Bernard whispered, making sure the others didn't hear.

"I love you too," I whispered back.

Bernard looked at Marshall before looking at the toy he was working on. "I'm going to be Head Elf one day, I know it."

"We're on his list," I said. "And even if that happens, then I want to be a princess."

"You're a princess in my eyes," Bernard twirled me, making me giggle before we turned back to our toys. We didn't want to be caught by Marshall.

Bernard was my boyfriend. He was the most caring elf in the world. He loved me even though I looked freakish. Blue hair and crystal blue eyes, which was how I got my name. He thinks I'm beautiful no matter what. He was handsome as well. We cared about each other, supporting each other no matter how crazy it was.

Finally, our shift was over and we headed to our houses in the village. I often stayed at Bernard's, since Dad was always on business trips around this time of year. I held hands with Bernard as we walked into his house. We got ready for bed, taking turns changing in the closet and laying in the bed afterward. He wrapped us in his sheets, making sure we were warm.

"You're so beautiful, princess," Bernard whispered as he played with a strand of my hair. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," I looked up and pecked his lips softly.

"I don't want to lose you if you get lost," Bernard stroked my hair, twirling pieces around his fingers.

"I'd find my way back to you eventually," I looked at him in the darkness. "And you won't lose me."

"What happens if I lose you?" he asked.

"If something did happen to me, I would try to find my way home. I would throw my arms around you and never let go for a while," I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

Bernard looked over at the clock on his nightstand. "Go to sleep, my love. I'll be here when you wake up in the morning."

I nodded and slowly fell asleep, enjoying the comfort in his warmth.

I woke up the next morning ready for the task coming at midnight. The elves helped Santa and I with the sleigh and the reindeer. Dennis helped me program my disguise. It would only work outside the North Pole; once I came back, it would disappear.

"Thanks, Judy," I smiled and hugged her before climbing into the sleigh.

Bernard hugged me, kissing my temple sneakily. "I love you."

"I love you too," I whispered back.

He pulled away as the sleigh was lifted into the air by the platform. I blew a kiss to him and he winked at me. The elves' cheering died down after the platform was completely raised and the reindeer took off from the snow.

"Thank you for coming along, Crystal, I really appreciate it," Mr. C thanked me.

"Of course, sir," I smiled.

The reindeer made a sharp left and I slid to the edge of the sleigh. They turned and I hung onto the sleigh. I slipped and I grabbed onto the bottom of the sleigh just as we flew over a field.

"Crystal!" Santa yelled.

"I'm sorry," I said, letting go of the sleigh reluctantly.

I landed in a field of snow. I sighed and stomped through it to a sidewalk. I sat against a street sign, holding Bernard's hoodie close to me. He had given it to me before we went to work. He thought it would keep me warm, and he was right. But the wind blowing against the right side of my body didn't help.

I was alone, with no way back to my home.

Long Lost Elfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें