Chapter 21- Chet

"Charlie, Crystal!" Dad exclaimed when we appeared. "How'd you get up here?"

Charlie showed his lost tooth as Principal Newman was brought in by Tooth Fairy. I untied them easily.

"Need some help! Come on!" Dad said after Tooth Fairy left.

We let the elves free and I sighed in relief when Bernard was with them. I hugged him tightly for a quick second. We ran out with the elves together and I readied my powers. They were going to put up a fight.

"No!" I shouted as the sleigh took off.

There was silence before Bernard whistled next to me. I knew that whistle and the elves scattered into a pathway.

"What are you doing?" Dad asked.

"You gotta save Christmas," Bernard said simply.

"How am I supposed to save-" Dad was cut off by Chet's yell.

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy, boy. Calm down," I said when he came running over. "Stay calm."

Chet knocked Dad over, making me wince. Carol helped him up as I helped ready Chet.

"Chet?" Carol questioned.

"He's still in training," I explained, slightly smiling.

"How much flight time does he have?" Dad took the reins from an elf.

"About a minute and a half," Bernard explained, making me slightly worried and Dad's eyes widen.

"And he's had a lot of crash time," Curtis added.

"Curtis, not helping," I shook my head at him.

"He's just a baby," Curtis said quietly.

"Alright. Let's see what this baby can do, alright?" Dad climbed on Chet.

When Chet took off, the elves cheered in encouragement. I sighed in relief and Charlie leaned on me, smiling. We fist-bumped, like we used to when we were kids.

"Okay! Okay, everybody! Outside, now!" Bernard yelled over the noise.

Everybody turned and ran in the opposite direction. My hands started to frost over and I smiled.

"I saw where your ring was. We're getting it back," I said, remembering the necklace around one of the guard's neck.

We started running with the other elves. We ran to the front and noticed the soldiers standing in front of us. My eyes glowed blue. They were working. "Two." Everybody stood up, readying their arm. "Three."

Everyone threw the snowballs, hitting the soldiers but having no effect on them. I glared at them as I spotted the ring.

"I'll take that, thank you very much," I used my powers to get the ring into my hand, "but I don't think this belongs to you."

"Get them!" Bernard yelled as I took the ring off the necklace.

"I believe this belongs to you," I slipped the ring onto his left ring finger.

"I love you," Bernard pecked my lips.

"I love you too," I smiled before running off to help the elves. And make sure Principal Newman is safe.