32.

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀
𝐉𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍

"You good?" Na'Jour asked over the phone.

"Yes."

"Still having pain on your side?"

"Yeah."

"Where y'all at now?"

"The hospital."

"Where's Kaiser?"

"With m—"

"Ima be over there soon to see y'all. My flight just got delayed."

"Okay.." I rolled my eyes. He was too anxious and too worried when I told him multiple times I was okay.

"Ight s—"

"Jayla Brown!"

I instantly stood up along with Kaiser and a nice looking nurse looked at me. "Jayla?"

I nodded. "I'll call you back Na'Jour."

"Ight." He said before hanging up.

"Cmon Kai." I picked him up and followed the lady into a room.

"Alrighty." The nurse and I both sat down and she got on her computer. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." I said looking around.

"That's great. We're here today to check up on the pains your having on your side and legs correct?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Alright." She got up and looked at me. "We'll have your doctor here with you shortly.. you know who that is of course right?"

I stared at her for a while before shaking my head.

"Doctor Henderson.. I thought—"

"Oh yeah I remember." I interrupted her nodding.

"Alright great, she'll be here with you shortly."

I nodded and she smiled at me one more time before walking out.

"Smiley ass bitch.." I mumbled digging in my purse for my phone. Kaiser looked down and digged in it also, I grabbed my phone and he almost pulled out something else.

"Kaiser don't touch that." I smacked his hand and he dropped the gun whining.

"No cause ain't nobody told you to dig in my purse." I closed it and sat it on the other side of me. "Nosy ass.."

He stayed quiet sticking his thumb in his mouth. My phone started vibrating in my hand and I answered seeing China was FaceTiming me.

"What?" I said.

She jerked her neck back with her face scrunched up. "What happened to.. hello? How are you? What happened to that?"

I laughed shaking my head. "Stay the fuck off tiktok."

"Girl boo. I'm addicted saweetie." She waved her hand around. "You at the hospital now?"