In Your Arms

Riley felt completely exhausted, her body felt heavy, and her entire body ached.

A few seconds ago there was an explosion where she was and was still inside the building, which was obviously not a completely safe distance when the bomb exploded.

She tried to move, but her body did not allow it, she looked around in search of something or someone who could help her but did not see anything.

Suddenly a thought invaded his mind, and it was the fact that Mac was also in the building when the explosion occurred, he felt great fear just imagining that something bad had happened to him.

Mac moved from where he had fallen after the explosion, luckily he managed to get to a good enough distance that the explosion did not do him any damage.

He got up from the ground and ran to the Phoenix truck where Bozer and Leanna were when he was about to arrive, they got out of the truck.

"Where is Riley?" Bozer asked him when he was near.

"I thought you left on time and got here" her heart began to beat at a completely rapid rate.

"That means he's still in the building," Leanna said with a hint of introduction in her voice.

"Or maybe he managed to get out and get to a safe distance," Bozer said.

"I'll go find her" said Mac

Bozer took his arm to stop him, and Mac glared at him.

"what?" Mac yelled angrily at him.

"Mac, going there is not safe," Bozer said.

"I don't care if it's not safe, if she's there, I'll find her," Mac said, releasing Bozer's hold.

Mac ran to the building where the explosion occurred, he ran to the place moving the debris in search of Riley but was able to find her.

Riley was trying very hard to keep her eyes open, but her eyelids felt too heavy, then in the distance she heard a noise, it was like someone was complaining.

He literally shook his head and saw Mac walking through the rubble, tried to yell at him or at least say something to him, but couldn't.

She heard him scream her name several times but could not respond after a few minutes she felt strong arms surrounding her body.

He opened his eyes and saw Mac lifting his body off the ground, he was saying something, but he couldn't hear anything.

Although it is dangerous to run through the rubble, he sped up to an ambulance.

Firefighters and ambulances had finally arrived at the scene, but all Mac cared about was that Riley was okay.

He gently laid her on the stretcher, and the paramedics took care of her. Mac informed Matty that he would be riding in the ambulance with Riley, she agreed.

-------------------------------------------------- -

Riley shifted slightly from where she was, but her body sent waves of pain through her.

He opened his eyes a little and saw the white lights of the hospital. He felt a bandage on his head, his right arm was in a cast, and he had a large bandage around his torso.

She looked to her left and saw blonde locks next to her where Mac's head rested on the mattress of the bed, he was holding her hand delicately, and she imagined it was that way for a while.

"Mac," his name whispered.

The blonde raised his head from the bed, and when he saw her awake, he got up immediately.

"Oh my God, Riles" he approached, she tenderly kissed his forehead

"I was so worried about my love" he said with tears in his eyes.

Riley gave her a small smile and brought her hand to her face so that it rested gently on her cheek.

They spent a couple of hours in the hospital, and the doctors did several tests on Riley until they verified that she would be fine. It was about 11 at night, and she saw how Mac's eyes struggled to be open.

"I don't think that chair is very comfortable, lie down with me" Riley said softly, she moved a little to give him room.

"no, I'm fine here, and I don't want to hurt you" said Mac

"Mac, please, I want to be in your arms" she begged with a very cute face.

"You know he can't say no to you when you put on your cute face" said Mac with a smile.

"I know, and I need you to hold me so I can sleep," Riley said.

Mac smiled at him and got up from the uncomfortable chair and leaned in beside him very carefully. Riley leaned against Mac as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I wish I had protected you more today" said Mac

"You can't protect me all the time," Riley said.

"And when am I supposed to do it?" Mac complained

"When I'm around you, but when I'm in your arms, I always feel safe and secure," Riley said.

Mac smiled and gave her a soft kiss on the lips after a few minutes they were both sound asleep, and Riley felt calm in her boyfriend's arms.