Promises, Promises

Mac has always been a person who keeps his promises, he does everything possible to fulfill them although he can never guarantee that he will fulfill them 100%

Today was his wedding day, and he promised his future wife that he would not accept a mission, but sadly, he was unable to fulfill that as one day Matty assigned him a mission.

Riley told her that she could go on the mission, but only if she promised that she would return before the wedding started. He also made his promise that he would return unscathed.

Jack was speeding while Mac was in the car with Leanna next to him trying to hide the bruise on his cheek.

"Riley is going to be mad about this," exclaimed Jack.

"Why would I be angry? Because I have multiple wounds on my face despite her asking me not to hurt myself or because we were late?" Mac asked sarcastically from the back seat.

"There's no need to be sarcastic Mac, but if that bomb doesn't kill us on the mission, Riley will kill us if he's late," Jack told him.

"Mac, you can stay still" Leanna demanded.

"Don't tell me, tell Jack not to go so fast" Mac complained.

"Do you want to be late or on time?" asked Jack

Mac just nodded and let Leanna continue her attempt to hide her bruises with makeup.

It took around 10 minutes to get to the church, and there were only 15 minutes left for the wedding to start.

Mac ran to the locker room to put on the suit and I asked God to be ready in less than 15 minutes.

Once he put on the suit and combed his hair very well, he looked in the mirror to see his cheek where he had a cut thanks to the explosion of the bomb.

Habai managed to hide the bruises on his face, but the wound on his cheek couldn't be hidden at all, he heard Jack enter the room he was in.

Jack was wearing a new suit that he had recently bought and he looked very good, Jack smiled at him with joy and affection as he approached him.

"Look, in a few minutes he will be a married man" said Jack.

"Yeah, and I'm very happy for them," Mac admitted.

Jack smiled at him and took him in his arms to hug him, Mac hugged him back.

"So what do you think Riley will tell about that?" asked Jack pointing to his cheek

"I don't think he's mad, but he won't be happy either," Mac said.

"Well, at least in photos you can use Photoshop," joked Jack.

"Well, I have to go now," Mac said as he walked to the door.

"hello, friend" called Jack

"yes?" asked Mac

"I am very happy that you are the right man for my girl, and I say it with all my heart, I am very happy for you" said Mac

Mac smiled sheepishly "Thanks to Jack, that means a lot"

Mac left the room and headed into the main room, standing in his place at the altar and waiting for the love of his life to walk down that hallway in front of him.

Then he saw her, she was wearing a beautiful white dress and Mac thought she looked like an angel with him. In her right arm she had Jack by her side and on the other side was Elwood, they had both fought over who was going. To take her to the altar, but in end Riley made them see a reason and told them that they could both take her to the altar.

She giggled slightly when she saw his tormented face, he sincerely hoped she would get mad about it, but she gave him a lot of laughter.

She gave both her parents a kiss on the cheek before they both went to their places, Riley stopped in front of him and looked at him with the most tender look he had ever seen.

"I'm sorry," Mac whispered under his breath, referring to his bruised face.

"Okay" she whispered too.

They made it through the little ceremony, and then it was time to say their vows, Riley said hers, and Mac was almost on the verge of tears now that it was his turn.

"Riley, I spent hours thinking of the right words to tell you how much I love you, but there are not enough words to express my love for you, Riles, you are the most important person in my life, you are the owner of my heart, you are the girl with him. I always imagine that I would have a future, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to be the man you love, who you trust, with whom you want to spend the rest of your days, Riley, with the greatest sincerity in the world I tell you that I love you with all my heart "said Mac

Riley looked at Mac with tears in her eyes and smiled after vows that the pastor allowed them to kiss.

"What happened to not getting hurt?" Riley asked with a smile.

"Well, the mission was more complicated than I thought, I thought you would be upset about this" referring to his face.

"You know I can't be mad at you" Riley said softly.

Mac just smiled and leaned in to give her another kiss after all the formal, it was time for the new couple's dance.

Mac and Riley were on the dance floor hugging while dancing to a slow song, Mac supported his forehead with his wife's and she just smiled.

"So Matty said there would be no missions this week for any of us since it's our honeymoon," Riley said smiling.

"Yes, and I promise you nothing will interrupt our honeymoon in Yellowknife" Mac said with a smile.

"Promises, promises" he smiled before basing it on his lips.

"I promise you and I will also love every second by your side, and it is a promise that I will keep to Mrs. Macgyver" Riley just laughed at his wife's comment.

They stayed on the dance floor enjoying each other's closeness, a promise they don't intend to break.