Magic on the Moor

"Arthur!"

Merlin's desperate cry rang out across the moor.  As he looked towards his golden King, the world shifted on its axis.

Arthur's attention snapped towards Merlin's cry, the steel embedded in the raven's back and through his chest, the maniac twisting it and unsheathing it from Merlin's body as he fell. 

The manservant clutched his wound, holding eye contact with Arthur who was begging any god or goddess to save Merlin and cutting down swaths of men in his turmoil.

By the time Arthur reached Merlin, Merlin's eyes were glazing over, the oceans running out of tears to wet the battlefield.  The forest in Arthur's eyes were burning with rage and sorrow as he grasped the one man who gave his life meaning, his heartbroken wails pleading for Merlin's life more than any words.  Arthur would do anything in exchange for Merlin's life, no matter the cost, no matter the risk, so long as Merlin was saved.

Emrys...it is not yet time for your rest...you are the son of the earth, the skies, the seas...the fabric of this world...it is not your time to die...by the blood of the Triple Goddess...by the name of the Triple Goddess...by my command...you are restored.

Arthur's clutch on his chilling manservant faltered as he began to feel warmth in his hands.  The earth hummed with joy, the sky's tears ceased falling, the seas silenced to raised his tear-heavy head to look at Merlin's face, and proceeded to jump out of his skin as Merlin's eyes snapped open, the molten irises a testament to the Goddess' will.

As Arthur held fast to Merlin, Merlin made eye contact, then stood with the posture of a royal, Arthur lagging slightly from shock.

The magic that wove into the fabric of the world began to wisp through the air in golden tendrils towards Merlin's arms and back.  As they collected in their rightful positions, tattoos etched themselves into Merlin's skin and two-layered sets of golden wings began to sprout from his back.

Arthur could not let go, the thrumming of Life was leaching to Arthur's hands, warm, inviting, and purely Merlin. 

Unbeknownst to the duo, the battle ceased as the golden King and the golden warlock stood hands on forearms in front of eachother bracing the other in shock and joy, not unsilimar to a hand fasting ceremony.

After a moment's realization Merlin's eyes lit up in terror - he revealed his magic to Arthur.

In an instant at seeing the terror light up the oceans, Arthur embraced Merlin, not caring of the consequences he would face, but because his best friend is alive and even if it was magic he could care less.

At the embrace, pure magic released over the moor, the damage healing instantly as the earth sewn back together and the grass grew from the trodden mud.

The fight was over, the battle won, and the Goddess was satisfied - this was but the first, and most important step, to the creation of Albion.