Wednesday December 16th

It was a normal boring school day. No rehearsals. No singing. No Christmas spirit. Just history class. Stefan didn't pay attention. He didn't have to. He was alive throughout most of the history books anyways. He knew every subject like the back of his hand. Usually, we would probably be flirting around during class, but today, no such thing as flirting existed.

"This is a disaster," Caroline during lunch break. We were all resting our heads tiredly on the table. Caroline took a sip of her tea which she had ordered in the cafeteria.

"Yup. Feels like being dragged slowly through hell." I sighed.

"At least you've got Stefan in your classes." Bonnie said and I chuckled bitterly.

"If only he wasn't avoiding me."

"Why's he avoiding you?" Elena said curiously.

"It's more like ignoring, actually." I said. "I think he's mad about Damon. He hasn't been home since yesterday and I think Stefan's mad at me, because Damon's mad at me."

"If Damon ran off then it only proves the point." Caroline said.

"What point?" I spat out.

"The point where Damon killed our drama teacher because he was feeling sensitive."

I sighed and grabbed my bag.

"Where are you going, Luna?" Elena asked.

"I don't know. Just away from here."

"Oh come on. You know it too. Damon's the only possible murderer." Caroline argued.

"I don't wanna hear it, Caroline." I said. "Damon's like a brother to me. He wouldn't lie to my face. Mask the truth maybe, but I asked him directly whether he killed the teacher, twice, and he said no, twice. So no. I don't know it."

I swung my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the cafeteria, leaving school and spending my time at the library instead. Half an hour later, a text ticked in on my phone.

"S is looking 4 u." Bonnie wrote.

"@ library." I replied. I expected a text from Stefan but it never came. I didn't want to go home. Not today. The house was too quiet without Damon, and it was even worse when Stefan didn't talk to me. I would have done anything to be back in my old house with my parents, having a family night.

"I'm going home now, Luna. Have a nice evening." Joan, the librarian said as she walked past me.

"Thanks Joan."

I stayed until the security guard came and told me to leave as he had to lock up the place and start the alarm. I wanted to stay there the night.

In the end I went to Elena's place.

"Hey?" She asked in confusion.

"Hey," I smiled. "I know it's a little sudden but do you mind me staying here the night?"

"Not at all, but why aren't you home?" She freed the way and let me go to her room.

"Well Stefan's ignoring me, which makes me want to not be in his company right now. I know I shouldn't avoid him too. I shouldn't try to run away from the issue."

Elena shrugged.

"You shouldn't beat yourself up. You and Stefan have some problems right now. Maybe you both need some time off." She said.

"He blames me for Damon leaving. Which I understand. I shouldn't have been so hard on him. He left because of me."

Elena pulled out a mattress and some bed sheets.

"We should watch a movie," she said. I shrugged and allowed her to pick one. My phone rang and I looked at it. It was Stefan. I declined the call.

"Was that him?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yea. But I'm not up for another fight yet."

We started watching the movie. Stefan called over and over again and I ended up turning off my phone.

"Maybe you should just call him," Elena said, guilt written in her face.

"I can go if you don't want me here. You shouldn't be caught in the middle of this." I said.

"No it's fine." Elena said. "Your drama is my drama."

I smiled gratefully at her. We ended up watching the sequel as well. Then there was a knock on the door and Elena paused the movie to answer the door.

"Hey. Is Luna here?" I heard Stefan ask.

"No," Elena lied. "I haven't seen her since school."

Stefan sighed in worry and I felt bad. Guilty.

"She's not with Bonnie, she's not with Caroline, she's not here and she's not home. I searched the grill, the cemetery, the park, town square, church. Everywhere. She's nowhere to be found."

"I'm sorry Stefan but I haven't seen her. I'm sure she'll come back home soon."

"God, I shouldn't have been so hard on her. I should have been there for her. This is my fault."

Elena comforted him for a little while. Then he left. Elena came upstairs again.

"You've got to go home. He's over it. He needs to know that you're okay."

I nodded.

"Don't tell him I've been here. I'll tell him that I got lost in the woods, that I went hitchhiking and that I came back home."

Elena nodded a little and I grabbed my stuff. I then walked home. Stefan was on the phone with someone when I entered.

"Hold on," he said and stepped into the living room where I could see him.

"She just came home." He said and hung up on the phone. He ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"Where were you? I was so scared. So worried. I'm sorry I was so mad at you, I never meant to let you down like this. I swear I'll do better. I swear. I just need you to be safe."

I rubbed his back in gentle circles.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I didn't mean to make Damon leave."

"It wasn't your fault, Luna. I know I made it seem like it was, but it's not. You couldn't have stopped him and I shouldn't have blamed you."

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," He whispered in relief.