Saturday December 19th

I had barely been able to sleep at all. I kept thinking about Stefan and Damon all night. So eventually, when I figured out that there was no reason to continue trying, I got out of bed and made myself a cup of coffee, no matter how much I disliked it. I sat in the living room. Glanced at my phone to see if Stefan had left me any messages, which wasn't the case.

Suddenly he walked through the front door, which was a complete surprise to me. I threw his bag on the floor, and I observed his mood.

"Did you find him?" I asked. Stefan shook his head.

"Turns out he doesn't want to be found." Stefan sighed. He was upset and a bit angry. I could hear it. I knew him well enough to know that.

"I went to all his favorite places. All the places he has went before, but he wasn't there, so I asked Bonnie to do a locator spell, but it didn't seem to work." He explained, whoever he was nothing near calm.

"Does that mean-,"

"No, he's not dead, Luna." Stefan said and looked at me with raging eyes.

"It means that the bastard cloaked himself."

I was quiet. Stefan wasn't a tempered person, and he rarely let the anger get to him, but sometimes he couldn't help it. And I knew better than to get in the way. However I opened my arms up and gave him an inviting look. He smiled sadly and rushed over to get a hug from me. I kissed his shoulder.

"He's so lucky to have a brother like you. You know that, right?" I asked but didn't look at him. Stefan nodded a little.

"I'm not sure he feels the same," he said sadly.

"That's okay. He doesn't have to. He knows it deep down."

Stefan didn't say anything. I knew his mind was somewhere else.

"He'll show up again," I comforted. "You know that too."
"Maybe in 50 years," He chuckled sadly and tried to hide that he was truly hurting. I rubbed his back in soothing circles and looked at him.

"You should get some rest," I said. "Your mind needs a break from worrying. You haven't to be able to think clear. How long since you've fed?"

"3 days..." Stefan mumbled. I nodded.

"Go to bed. I'll bring you some blood. Then I'll help you relax."

He didn't put up a fight about it. He just obeyed. I went to the basement, found him a blood bag and then went back upstairs, finding him sitting on his bed holding a picture in his hands. I placed the blood bag on the nightstand and took a seat beside him.

"I often imagine how things would have been if we hadn't turned. If we hadn't tried to help Katherine survive. If we had just helped the town get rid of the vampires." He sighed.

I nodded a little.

"It could've been nice." I smiled and leant my head on his shoulder. He nodded a little and put the picture away. Drank a bit of blood and laid down. I started massaging his shoulders gently, and he slowly fell asleep.