Tuesday December 22nd

"Stefan! Thank God you're here!" Caroline exclaimed as she saw Stefan and I in the hallway. She rushed to us and hooked her arm with Stefan's.

"So Sam went to the hospital last night. Something about a concussion, it's whatever. But! Now we're one actor short in the Santa Claus Is Coming To Town act. So I was thinking... Why don't you do it. It'd be perfect!" She said excitingly.

"No way!" Stefan started. "I don't sing. I can't sing. Why don't you ask Jake? He knows how to sing."

"Have you seen his body size?" Caroline groaned. "He would never fit in the costume."

"Care, Stefan doesn't have to do the act if he doesn't want to," I argued.

"I think Stefan can speak for himself, Luna." Caroline spat. Then she looked at Stefan and her voice turned sugar sweet again.

"Look Stefan, Sweetie. I'm a director under pressure. And it'd really mean a lot to me if you'd do the act. You don't even have to sing. You can lip sync!" She said and begged with puppy dog eyes.

"I don't know, Care. I'm on the PR-team and we're really busy. I don't wanna let anyone down. I just don't have the time to learn the entire choreography. I'm sorry." He said.

"Well, maybe I could fill in your spot with the PR?" A too well-known voice spoke from behind us. We turned around to face Damon.

"Since when do you care about high school musicals?" I asked.

"Since my baby brother got such a massive role that it got him all nervous." Damon chuckled. He wrapped his arm around Stefan's shoulder and pulled him closer.

"Well, then it's settled." Caroline cheered. "So I want you to meet Stacy in the gym for first period and then meet me in the costume room after that."

She turned around and started walking away from us.

"Well, what do I do?" Damon asked.

"You find me later."

Damon shrugged and Stefan looked annoyedly at him.

"Seriously?"

Damon grinned and patted Stefan's shoulder. Stefan shook his head and headed to the gym. I looked at Damon, rolled my eyes and headed towards the music room.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked.

"To rehearsal." I said. "Why don't you help put up the stage? I'm sure people would appreciate your vampire strength."

I went to rehearse my acts. I already knew the lyrics, so the music was the only thing we still needed to figure out. I met Stefan in the cafeteria during the lunch break.

"How were the rehearsals?" I asked with a smile and took a seat.

"So not me." Stefan sighed. "Caroline expects so much from me and I can't satisfy her."

"You don't have to do this." I said softly.

"I don't wanna disappoint anyone."

"You aren't. This isn't you. You shouldn't be forced to do something. Listen, we'll tell Caroline that the act will be too hard to learn in such short time. She can get a dancer to do it instead. Someone who knows the act." I explained and rubbed his hands kindly.

"She'll be so mad at me," Stefan sighed.

"She must learn to live with it." I smiled. Stefan nodded a little.

"Thank you," He smiled. "For having my back."

"Always."

We found Caroline in the costume room after the lunch break.

"Stefan! Hey! So I was thinking elf, but hotter." Caroline said, considering her options of style.

"I'm not doing it, Care." Stefan said, seeming to feel guilty for letting her down.

"Excuse me, what?!" Caroline exclaimed.

"I can't do it. I won't. You have to find someone else."

"I don't understand." Caroline said. "Damon filled in your spot. Everything fits."

"I'm not a stage person. I don't enjoy being the center of everything." Stefan said. Caroline hummed.

"Just get out then. Find somewhere to be useful." She said harshly. He turned around and left without looking at me. He was feeling guilty. I knew that. I sighed and looked at Caroline.

"You didn't have to be so harsh on him, Care."

"Just go, okay? Give me some space to think!" She yelled. I decided to do what she wanted me to and go. I searched around for Stefan, not finding him indoor, so I continued searching outside the school. I found him on a bench. I sat beside him.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded a little.

"I didn't mean to upset her or stress her. She already has a lot on her mind. Maybe I should just do the damn act." He groaned.

"You need to stop sacrificing yourself for everyone." I explained and brushed my fingers through his hair.

"Everything finds a way. Yes, this situation is stressing Caroline right now, but in the end she'll be happy with the outcome. No matter if you do the act or not. You have to think about yourself sometimes. It's not wrong to be a little selfish."

Stefan looked at me and smiled a little.

"Thank you," he said.

"You're welcome." I smiled. I kissed him gently.

"I should get to work," Stefan said and headed to the gym. I went back to the music room and continued my rehearsals.

When we got off school, we went home. Stefan made us a cup of hot chocolate and we cuddled up in his room and watched a movie.

"I love you," he whispered and kissed my head.

"I love you too."