Friday December 18th

"This is torture!" Caroline exclaimed as she met the rest of us in the hallway in the morning.

"Have you seen the lack of Christmas spirit and energy here? It's not acceptable!"

"And how are you planning to do anything about that?" I chuckled.

"I'm glad you asked," She said cockily. "I'm gonna take over the Christmas show. We are gonna do it. I'm gonna lead. I can do that. I'm good at drama."

For a while I thought she was joking, then I saw that she was serious and explained that there was no way that the principal would let her do that.

"I'm a vampire, Silly." She said with a wink. "He'll do whatever I want him to do."

I kept a sigh from escaping me.

"Caroline, you shouldn't use your compulsion when it isn't necessary."

"But it is, sweet Luna. It is completely necessary. This town is lacking some serious Christmas spirit, and it is very important that they regain that spirit, and that is our job by completing the show. You know what they say. The show must go on."

She smiled confidently over her shoulder and wandered off towards the principal's office. I turned to face Stefan.

"If she gets the control over the Christmas show, she will give herself all the parts. Maybe even add acts to give herself more stage time." I sighed.

"She wouldn't," He mumbled. "She knows where the line is and to not cross it."

I observed the worried expression on his face.

"Are you okay, Stef?" I asked in concern and he nodded a little.

"Fine. Listen. I've got to go. I'll uh... See you later," he said, kissed my cheek and walked past me. I watched him walk down the hallway.

"Stefan?" I called out in confusion.

I sighed and went to class instead. Caroline missed the entire 3rd period. She must have been busy trying to convince the principal to give her the responsibility of the show. I met her in the cafeteria during the lunch break.

"How'd it go?" I asked and took a seat in front of her.

"I have a good feeling. Unfortunately he's on vervain, so I couldn't compel him, but I did give him all my ideas to the show in addition to Mrs. Jenkins' audition notes and styling preferences." She said with confidence and started eating her lunch. I nodded a little.

"Where did Stefan go?" she asked.

I shrugged.

"I don't know. I asked him if everything was okay, and he gave me a vague answer like usually." I sighed. "I should probably go look for him. He's probably at home. I should check on him."

"It's not like we're doing anything important anyways. Just same old, boring school." Caroline complained bitterly. I smiled a little. Told her that I'd see her next week and then went home.

I searched for him on the entire ground floor, not finding him anywhere, so I went to look in his room instead. He was bent over a sports bag on the bed, throwing stuff and clothes in it, finishing off with a few blood bags.

"What are you doing?" I asked and leaned against the door frame. He looked at me and paused his motions.

"Weren't you supposed to be at school?" He asked and crossed his arms. He seemed serious.

"Are you leaving?" I asked carefully.

He sighed and looked at the floor.

"Luna-,"

"No, I get it Stefan. It's fine. Damon's out there and who knows what he'll do when he's upset." I said. Stefan remained silent.

"You could have told me that you were planning on leaving," I explained, making him breathe out heavily.

"I didn't want you to worry," He said. I shrugged.

"You're a vampire. I trust that you can take care of yourself. But if you're not home by Monday, then I'll ask Bonnie to do a locator spell and I'll find you."

Stefan nodded and I walked to him. Hugged him tightly.

"You're both gonna be okay." I reassured. He nodded and kissed my cheek.

"You take care too." He said, grabbed his bag and went downstairs. I watched him walk to the car from the window. He threw the bag in the back and got in behind the wheel. Waved at me before turning the car on and driving down the driveway.