6

I picked up Ella from school and we drove home. "How was the sleepover Ella?"

I shortly looked at her, then concentrated on the traffic again. "It was so much fun! We watche..."

She talked a lot about her friends and how they had started to do her make-up and dressed each other up. I was so relieved she had found true friends that enjoyed the same things she likes.

"Oh, and Nate called me Lumi." I looked at her.

"He did?" We just arrived in our driveway.

"Yes, he wanted me to tell you that he would be gone until his birthday. A business trip or something." My heart crushed. A business trip? How am I supposed to believe that?

"Oh okay. Did he mention something else?" I asked her after we got out of the car.

"Well, he probably has no internet connection there." A business trip with no internet connection? That would be a stupid move of his company. Something seemed utterly wrong here.

"So we will have the whole house to ourselves for a week." I grinned at Ella and hoped she didn't notice my utter confusion and disbelief.

"Yes! We can have a girls evening with my and your friends!" She grinned happily and I laughed in delight at her idea.

"Sure, we can do that."

Ella and I have a very close friendship even though we have a ten year age gap. I believe that she just grew up really fast due to her complicated past and is more mature now than kids her age. All her friends are 14 to 15 years old, but treat her as if she was their age too, which is really good for er to feel accepted. What can I say, little Ella is a social butterfly.

We spent the rest of the evening planning out the sleepover and calling our friend's to ask if they would join us on Friday. It helped a lot to distract me from thinking about Nate too much.

But in the evening as I laid in bed with no other distraction than my thoughts a lot of doubts and fears made their way into my mind.

Friday came around and everyone had a lot of fun. We watched historical movies, most of them were so hilarious(!), put on face masks and ate a lot of sweets.

It had been such a good idea of Ella to make this happen.