8

Nate's P.O.V.

What am I going to do now? I knew I should have canceled the trip but it had been so important for us. I thought she would understand but Mariella probably didn't tell her all the details.

I had been traveling to England for a proper training as a therapist.

Ugh, why was I so stupid? Now I've lost her!

Still in shock I sat on the floor and hugged my knees. The tears came streaming down my face and I wiped them away.

I thought back to the day where my mother had left my sister and me.

Dad had died just a year ago because of alcohol poisoning and she couldn't manage to handle Mariella and me alone anymore.

So we were given to my grandma who passed away just a year later leaving my 16 year old self alone with Mariella.

The trauma of this event still sat deep within me. Maybe because of that I was so afraid of becoming a father.

What if I messed it up too?

Oh goodness...

I had never told Lumi that, she had never asked. Mariella was to small to remember the truth and she hasn't asked either so I was the only one knowing of it.

Not even Eli knew what we had been through.

Maybe it was time to tell her and ask for advice about my relationship.

Not existant relationship....

Desperately I called Eli.