7

On the following Wednesday Nate came back home.

I was at the university as he arrived so I couldn't talk to him right away. As I came home late in the afternoon Nate had cooked dinner already and was waiting for me.

"Hello Nate." I greeted him, the anger flaring up again. I tried to keep it under control.

"Hey rakas." He replied and smiled at me.

"Don't you 'rakas' me." I answered and stared him dead in the eye. Nate visibly flinched at my cold words.

"I'm sorry, I never meant it as I asked you if there was a chance of you getting an abortion." His apology seemed genuine but I wasn't going to let him off the hook that easy.

"Is that the only thing you will apologize for?" Confused he looked at me and I sighed.

"How about you disappearing for a whole week without telling me about it? What was that business trip? Who would think of a place with no internet to travel to for business purposes? That doesn't even make sense!" Once in rage I couldn't be stopped.

"I didn't choose to be pregnant either buddy, there are always two people at fault, so can I get the truth now?!"

Nate just stared at me dumbfounded. This stupid man, this stupid love, this stupid relationship!

"You know what? If you don't want to answer me we should go different paths."

"Wait, Lumi, I..."

"I don't need someone in my life who can't be truthful to me and you seem to already have found a replacement too. I'm sure your 'Laura' was accompanying you on that trip?"

He didn't answer again.

"Have a great life Nathaniel. Happy birthday."

I stormed out off the house and sat myself in the car. Nate ran after me but I had already started the engine and took off, my destination being Rosa Miller, she was my best friend since high school and knew me best.

I arrived at her doorstep and rang the bell.

As she opened the door her eyes widened.

"Lumi? Why are you here so late in the evening?"

"I just broke up with Nate."